Exercise help

Wee-burns

Hey everyone I see people talking about eating back exercise calories? How does this work should you eat them all or some help in confused!

Well what it is is when you exercise, you can see how many calories you've burned using, for example, a heart rate monitor, and you can eat those calories as extra. So just say you are on 1200 calories a day and do 300 calories worth of exercise, you then can eat 1500 calories that day and still lose the right amount of weight. Also, the burn may not be accurate so some people maybe eat only half of that 300 or whatever.

As for if you should eat them, some people swear by it, some people don't eat them. I'd say see what works for you. I don't tend to eat them myself, but others do so hopefully they can give you some advice :)

I sometimes eat mine back and sometimes don't depending on how hungry I'm feeling! You should still be on track with weight loss if you eat them back though :) xx

I try to eat mine as don't like to b under 1200 net, but it's about how you feel as its silly to eat if ur not hungry, I tend to use them for a little treat or glass of wine x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

See what your body says? Obviously if your doing a killer 500cal burn at the gym then you need to eat more or you'll A) get ill B) feel like rubbish and C) I'm told you start burning muscle tissue and not fat as your body assumes it's starving.

But if you feel good, your losses are steady and your eating a nice balanced diet then it's fine to not eat those cals back.

I personally don't think you should eat the extra's just for the sake of it. Although i know people whose bodies WONT let them lose an ounce if they dont eat quite a high cal allowance? If you need them as your hungry or want them as a treat then go for it (youve earned it after all!!) but otherwise just be sensible and do what your body tells you :)

Back