Exercise/loose skin question!

Oh so THAT's the reason for my bad back!! I'm getting thinner :) Yay! It's bloomin aching like mad this morning having lost 18lbs in 3 weeks - I guess it's just my body shifting as it gets used to the lighter me!! :)

So I think that answers my question. My goal is to do at least 20 minutes of toning exercises every night, either pilates or a normal Rosemary Conley DVD. That way I will still lose the weight but tone at the same time. Someone said a while ago that Bio Oil worked to run on your stomach when the skin is shrinking. Is this correct? I thought it was for scars etc. but I was told it tightened the skin - anyone know??

Hi ya

I started CD 6 weeks ago, and 2 weeks in went to my gym to say that i wanted to re-programme due to the VLCD. The instructor was so negative about CD, but she did say that cardio exercise when on VLCD could cause issues, and i would more than likely pass out, as i was not consuming enough to keep my body going asleep, let alone with exercise! She, as everyone! believed she had my best intentions at heart, but in the end she was concerned that my body would need a quick energy fix when exercising, and would be likely to take from muscles and organs instead of fat when consuming so little calories.

not sure if this helps, needless to say, i haven't been yet but i plan to once i move up to 810.

xx

I think if you do exercise in moderation then it's fine on cambridge obviously not a fullblown cardio workout 5 x a week, but when I did cambridge at start of year I exercised gently at gym just on treadmill and bike, (do have office job so not much walking) and light weights to tone a 2-3 times a week and never had ill effect or slower weight loss. would defo be doing it now but have broken my leg so no exercise till i start rehab n muscle building on bad leg:( But everyone is different so you just have to listen to your body.

So I think that answers my question. My goal is to do at least 20 minutes of toning exercises every night, either pilates or a normal Rosemary Conley DVD. That way I will still lose the weight but tone at the same time. Someone said a while ago that Bio Oil worked to run on your stomach when the skin is shrinking. Is this correct? I thought it was for scars etc. but I was told it tightened the skin - anyone know??

I'd heard this too. I checked the Bio Oil website it claims to increase the elasticity of the skin, reduce stretch marks and reduce the APPEARANCE of saggy skin. Whether it works or not, I'm pretty sure it'll make your skin lovely and soft, so I might give it a try. Ohh, and its meant to be nice as a bath oil too.... just don't wash your hair in the bath water! ;)

Thanks everyone for the very informative and helpful replies! I'm definitely going to try pilates.

When I was pregnant I discovered the Sanctuary Mum to be body butter (or moisturiser, can't remember the exact name) and rubbed it on my belly every day. I didn't get any stretch marks at all, so now I am using it again in the hope that it will also help.

It has collagen in it, and it smells divine!

Back