Exercise on lipotrim - my experiment

Ms R

Well I love exercise, always have, I know it may sound weird to some. So last wek, in an effort to massively increase my weight losses, I hammered the exercise. Here's what I did:

Monday. - Gym workout (exercise bike & treadmill, couple weights)
Tuesday - 7 mile power walk in under 2 hrs
Wednesday - swimming (40 lengths)
Thursday - Salsa dancing 2hrs non-stop (very energetic)
Friday - 12 mile cycle ride
Saturday - 5.5 mile difficult hill walk (a lot of climbing)
Sunday - rest day although spent 3hrs in kitchen cleaning fridge, cooker etc.

So.....as you can see, I did hammer it. I was sooo excited going for my weigh in on Tuesday, especially as I felt so much slimmer than lastweek and I had comments on how much slimmer I loked. So you can imagine my devastation when I stepped on the scales and only lost 1.5lbs, despite being 1000% TFR!!!

Anyway thats the story and I've always believed that excercise slowing down weight losswas nonsense but it appears not. So I searched the internet to look for something to confirm exercise can slow down weight liss and found an old thread dating back to 2009 on this site so here is rhe link that explains it. Basically my body has gone into starvation mode so is hanging on for dear life to my fat!!!

Hope this information helps you:

just read the whole thread you posted. Hmmm very interesting, I'm not sure what to make of it. It would be interesting if you never exercised this week and see what your loss is. I've started the gym again and used to do a 10k run daily and a very keen gym goer, but I don't want to go back to being as obsessive as I was before so I'm aiming for just 3 - 4 times a week as that is more manegable and my life doesn't revolve around it.

It happened to me last time I did LT, on about the 6th week I started exercising and did about 45 mins a day and only lost 1lb that week. I didn't exercise again for the next 7 weeks and the losses went back up!x

Well I've held back on exercise since my weigh in although I will be dancing tonight but will take it easy and leave early. I will also probably do a gentle country walk at the weekend to break my new walking boots in. Will be interesting to see my weight loss next Tuesday.

That may be why my weight loss was a bit messed up this week as I went to gym 3 times last week, also I have a cold and possible TOTM and I stayed 100% TFR. But my weigh in came at +2lbs so this explains it and I haven't been to gym since Sunday and went back to pharmicist on Wednesday even though I get weighed on Monday's for a interim check up and I had lost 6lbs since Monday!!!! And still have a cold!!! Will leave gym alone until I have finished TFR and refeed

Back