Exercise on the CD....a good idea? HELP!!

ChelleryPickle

Hey all,

I am starting CD on the Sunday...woohooo! I am in the RAF so have to keep fit and go for the odd run...I am also doing a 10k (a very slow 10k) early March. I think I am going to go up to the higher cal plan for that week just to support me. What are your experiences with exercise and general well being whilst on the plan? Also, any tips for my first week would be much appreciated. I really am going to need the forum to keep me on track. I hope to make lots of freinds and support you all too!

Hope to hear from you soon fellow CDers :)

P.s How do I make my posts look pretty with all the graphes etc?

Welcome Chellery...

There are tutorials that you go read for assistance (they are in teh blue banner at the top of the main page. They can help you with setting up a ticker, etc.

As far as the exercise goes... if you are ssing, exercise can make you feel more hungry. And, you certainly shouldn't start doing more than you were before you started CD. You need to build up.

I would ask my CDC about upping plans, etc.

There is no reason to not do 810 -- you'll will lose at about the same rate.

The "true" purpose of a VLCD (in addition) is too take food out the equation as much as possible. This is why Lighter Life Foundation instructs participants to not even chew gum... they are trying to break the oral fixations and bad habits.

I did LL in 2008 (gained 1/2 back and am losing it with CD -- I did not do all of the management programme and that was a mistake). After the first couple of weeks (once I was in ketosis and no longer craving food -- and even felt motivated), I started adding in exercise. One fitness class a week for a few weeks, then I added another (so 2 a week for a few weeks), then I added another (so 3 a week)... and as long as I kept working out 3X a week -- I kept losing and once I was maintaining I kept maintaining. But, I stopped exercising and the weight slowly crept back on... and then I had a couple of big holiday bump ups.

But, that's in the past -- I am over 10 pounds off of what I gained and nearly back to a healthy bmi. (But my goal bmi is about 22 to 23.)

MM

Thanks for your reply!! Sounds like your doing fab!! Im nervous about starting. Am not clooking forward to feeling starving...I hope it goes soon. I am hoping I feel full of energy once kitosis kicks in as I am in the RAF and have quite a lot of running round to do. I also do abit or running/exercise so I hope I can still manage that!

I am soo glad I have found this forum to read up on how everyone is finding it!

x

hey :) have you talked ot your CDC about the amount of exercise you do ? I think you may struggle on SS , but the 810 plan would probably be much better , the losses are very similar and you will be eating a small meal which gives you more calories .

hi i had this chat with my cdc as i was going to join a gym. She advised not to start usless i was goin to do a gentle swim. Something about your body fighting against itself with the lack of calories and increased exercise. That it would probably stall rather than improve weight loss as the body holds on to everthing, like in starvation mode

Yes she recommended that I did the SS plus. We talked it over and I am going to SS for week one with 200mls of skimmed milk, so 3 packs and milk. The plan is im going to do this for 2 weeks and see how I get on. In week three I have a course at work which is quite intense (lots of military running around scenarios etc)...so I am going to go up to a higher one then if I need too...I am pretty sure I am going to need to. I will probo stay on this higher one for the whole 1st week in March until I have done my 10k run and then drop back down to SS if I can....so that I get the fast results I want.

That said, I have to get through day 1 on Sunday first...I have no idea what to expect and whether I will have the energy to do all I have planned.....we will see!! I will keep you posted. I have never ever felt dizzy/faint or shakey in my life so if I do it will proabaly scare me into going off the plan anyway! I hope I feel the same as some people I have read about...."energised and full of energy!!".

Right, now to make my profile look pretty.

Hope your all having a good day x x

hi i had this chat with my cdc as i was going to join a gym. She advised not to start usless i was goin to do a gentle swim. Something about your body fighting against itself with the lack of calories and increased exercise. That it would probably stall rather than improve weight loss as the body holds on to everthing, like in starvation mode

Hmmm.. not sure where your CDC got this information from. All the current guidance regarding VCLDs advocates exercise as one of the 3 things that supports long term success (the other being a behavioural change programme). Your body is not in "starvation" mode in CD; rather it is using a different fuel source.

Hmmm.. not sure where your CDC got this information from. All the current guidance regarding VCLDs advocates exercise as one of the 3 things that supports long term success (the other being a behavioural change programme). Your body is not in "starvation" mode in CD; rather it is using a different fuel source.

It think she was on about shock of it all at once, as shes also a personal trainer so does promote exercise just not at the start ;)

Back