Exercise Points

paigesmum30

Silver Member
Hi all,

I've just transfered from LL to WW this week :)

What i would like to know is, do the people that exercise every day use up the points they earn from the exercise? And are we supposed to use it all?

I have 21 points a day but i cycle most days and also go to the gym 3 or 4 times a week and i can't believe i'm going to lose weight by eating that many points!

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Claire x

some people save up activity points for a treat at the weekend like a take away or bar of chocolate it does say i think the most you can save and not use is 4 points but unsure on the issue of saving more than that and not using them im afraid you will be suprised at how quickly the 21 points can be used up some people manage to build up their points by using more points value items so say instead of ww bread use one thats more points like 2points per slice instead of0.5 same with maybe beef burgers some are 2points so maybe find some for 4 or 5? Stuff like that :) welcome btw xxx

We have to do 10,000 steps per day before activity points can be countedx

This isn't correct hon. I have a ww pedomometer, and it calculates your individual level that you have to achieve before earning activity points. Mine is something like 6000 steps, and I am at goal.

But if you are doing cardio work, then the steps are pretty irrelevant to be honest!

I never usually eat mine, I like to keep them to mop up any little nibbles that I may 'forget' to point, or to give me leeway for anything I may not have been able to point accurately. Gives you a little margin for error, if you know what I mean! Plus in my head, I like to know I am exercising for fun, not just to eat more lol.

I'm exercising to tone up, i hadn't realised you earned points until i saw the tracker lol. I was just worried that i wouldn't lose weight because i'm exercising and not eating all the points. Isn't it confusing haha. I usually spend a couple of hours a day down my allotment digging too but not even going counting the points for that :)

This isn't correct hon. I have a ww pedomometer, and it calculates your individual level that you have to achieve before earning activity points. Mine is something like 6000 steps, and I am at goal.

But if you are doing cardio work, then the steps are pretty irrelevant to be honest!

Oh thats what 3 seperate ww leaders told us?
They said we have to do 10,000 steps before any exercise can be counted which confusfed me as what if you exercise before they said keep an eye on the steps you do outside exercise then what you do beyond this is Ap this is a main reason I dont use my AP too confusing lol xx

I'm exercising to tone up, i hadn't realised you earned points until i saw the tracker lol. I was just worried that i wouldn't lose weight because i'm exercising and not eating all the points. Isn't it confusing haha. I usually spend a couple of hours a day down my allotment digging too but not even going counting the points for that :)

See thast why I worry now last week I did just under 9 hours of cardio and didnt use my AP and my loss was just 1.5lbs and I have lots to lose so I too wonder as someone said to me maybe Im not eating enough?
But Im just going to have my daily points and for now not have AP and see???? :confused:xx

I do a lot of excercise and never ate my points, but lost over 9 stone in a year.

I go to class, and have never heard the 10,000 steps thing.

See thast why I worry now last week I did just under 9 hours of cardio and didnt use my AP and my loss was just 1.5lbs and I have lots to lose so I too wonder as someone said to me maybe Im not eating enough?
But Im just going to have my daily points and for now not have AP and see???? :confused:xx

If your doing all that cardio its no wonder your body is saying no more! if you do too much exercise your body can think its being damaged so will retain ANY fat it can. Lower the cardio and do it gradually.

as for the OP I aim to go running 3 times a week for 30 mins and never use my points unless i have to. Its nice knowing they are there :D

Its all so confusing everyone tells us to exercise and the celbs do loads and are slim???
I read to lose weight we should exercise 1 hour 5 times a week,to maintain and stay healthy 1 hour 3 times a week ?

Im going to do 1 hour 5 times a week :)

your meant to do 30mins each day apparently to stay healthy, that's what i'm always hearing anyway! so i make it out to be 3hours a week, cause your meant to have a rest day also! But everyones different if you want to work out more go for it, but also if you push yourself too far think someone has already stated your body will go into shock think it's being punished too much and store the fat your trying to lose so you won't lose any weight.

Its all so confusing everyone tells us to exercise and the celbs do loads and are slim???
I read to lose weight we should exercise 1 hour 5 times a week,to maintain and stay healthy 1 hour 3 times a week ?

Im going to do 1 hour 5 times a week :)

It is confusing, theres a lot of myths out there regarding excercies lol!!

I really wouldn't worry, I did spin classes and circuits 4-5 times a week for months, and had a great loss every week. I have never heard that doing too much makes you store fat, and I am studying fitness instructing and have never heard or read that. Maybe if it happens, its just a temp thing until your body adapts.

Back