exercise Q

jessthecat

Hi,I was thinking I know Exercise is good for health,but does it actually help you lose weight or can you lose with doing very little exercise?? I do a exercise DVD 3 times a week 30 min session,but would that really do anything to help or speed up the losing weight proscess,as the other days I don't do anything.....just wondering how much people exercise? has anyone lost weight and not done any?? Just for general wondering really :px x

Last year I managed to lose half a stone just by exercising more-swimming, running, walking, and My Fitness Coach.
I have just started to increase my exercise again and it's given my losses a major boost :D
I'm a bit odd tho (in many ways ;) ) because I actually eat less/have less of an appetite when I exercise more, which could help. But I really, honestly believe that you should exercise if you can :)

I find it motivates me to stay on the plan as I feel im working hard for my goal and no point waisting it!!
i seem to eat less after exercising but I really enjoy it so all good!!
defo not a must for weight loss tho jst helps and aways good if u can!x

Exercising burns calories so has to aid weight loss. Also it tones so you get a better shape. And when I've been to the gym I feel like I'm on a roll and have a good day with what I eat.

If you do lots of weights though and build muscle (which is not that easy for a woman anyway) the muscle weighs 3 times heavier than fat (for the same size piece) so you could lose 3 inches of fat, gain 1 inch of muscle (so have lost 2 inches in size) but still weigh the same.

If you're concerned take your measurements to look at alongside your weight loss

I don't do aything major, since starting SW though I have started to walk to work more and go on the exercise bike. Although last week I didnt walk once and only went on the exercise bike for 15 mins in total lol

I lost my first two stone with very little exercise. I used to only go to the gym once a week and not every week at that. I then started doing more exercise by doing about three half hour workouts a week on my Wii but that didn't seem to have much effect on my losses. I've now started doing two half hour workouts a day, five days a week, on my Wii. I've only been doing this for three weeks so have yet to see if there much change in my weight loss although it looks promising so far. However, the benefits to my fitness and well being have been tremendous. I get so much more done in the day and just feel so much better. I just hope I can stay committed, so I'm working towards my Gold Body Magic award.

I must admit that I am a couch potato, but I do walk quite a lot, and have increased that in the last few months. I walk everywhere unless it really is too far but that is all the exercise I do.
When I was much younger I used to go to gym twice a day, and all the aerobics I did put my back out. Since then I just got lazy and though did no exercise as such my weight loss has been fine.
I need to start some, though, to firm up my loose skin!

I walk as well like malaika, and i have a power plate which you just stand on, it vibrates as you stand on it, great for toning up my legs have never been so firm,

Back