Exercise steppers

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Bethany246, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Im thinking of starting to do a bit of exercise in with my diet plan and i am wanting to tone and slim down my thighs hips and tummy I was wondering if one of those steppers where you go from side to side it is called a lateral thigh strainer will do the trick or is there anything else what will tone these areas.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Walking, this is free.
    Eliptical trainer ...I have one.

4. Frumpster

Frumpster Becoming Un-Frumpy!

Diet:
    Cambridge 790
    Hi Bethany

I have one of those lateral thigh trainers, it's good for toning if you use it. Mine is fab at collecting dust :p

I agree with Sonkie walking is amazing and free it tones you up nicely and burns off lots of extra calories. Walking in nice surroundings makes it seem more enjoyable, but I like walking around the local streets having a nosey at different houses, even better if they leave the odd curtain open :D

5. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks sonya and frumpster
    Yes ive hered that walking is good for burning calories and does not cost anything. I just want some kind of exercise to tone up and slim down thighs what is not hard work if i cant do walking will exercise bike do the trick for the below areas

6. Frumpster

Frumpster Becoming Un-Frumpy!

Diet:
    Cambridge 790
    Yes, an exercise bike will help. I would recommend walking more than the bike though. With my old exercise bike I used to constantly watch the clock waiting to stop! When I go out walking I keep going until i'm bored/tired, then turn around and walk home. I always burn more cals walking that doing anything else.

You can try Weight Loss Resources for a free trial, you can look up all the different forms of exercise and the 'average' calories burned. Mini told me about weightlossresources and I haven't looked back.

Good luck Bethany

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Frumpster

Had a look and it looks ok been looking at different forms of exercises there seems to be loads to chose from its just what suits you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.