Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Exercise steppers

Discussion in 'Fitness Health and Exercise' started by Bethany246, 22 May 2007 Social URL.

1. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Im thinking of starting to do a bit of exercise in with my diet plan and i am wanting to tone and slim down my thighs hips and tummy I was wondering if one of those steppers where you go from side to side it is called a lateral thigh strainer will do the trick or is there anything else what will tone these areas.

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Walking, this is free.
    Eliptical trainer ...I have one.

4. Frumpster

Frumpster Becoming Un-Frumpy!

Diet:
    Cambridge 790
    Hi Bethany

I have one of those lateral thigh trainers, it's good for toning if you use it. Mine is fab at collecting dust :p

I agree with Sonkie walking is amazing and free it tones you up nicely and burns off lots of extra calories. Walking in nice surroundings makes it seem more enjoyable, but I like walking around the local streets having a nosey at different houses, even better if they leave the odd curtain open :D

5. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks sonya and frumpster
    Yes ive hered that walking is good for burning calories and does not cost anything. I just want some kind of exercise to tone up and slim down thighs what is not hard work if i cant do walking will exercise bike do the trick for the below areas

6. Frumpster

Frumpster Becoming Un-Frumpy!

Diet:
    Cambridge 790
    Yes, an exercise bike will help. I would recommend walking more than the bike though. With my old exercise bike I used to constantly watch the clock waiting to stop! When I go out walking I keep going until i'm bored/tired, then turn around and walk home. I always burn more cals walking that doing anything else.

You can try Weight Loss Resources for a free trial, you can look up all the different forms of exercise and the 'average' calories burned. Mini told me about weightlossresources and I haven't looked back.

Good luck Bethany

7. Bethany246

Bethany246 Banned

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks Frumpster

Had a look and it looks ok been looking at different forms of exercises there seems to be loads to chose from its just what suits you

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.