Exercise

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Loser85, 15 January 2010 Social URL.

1. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    As you may or may not know im starting WW next week. The only part of it bugging me is the exercise. I dont have the money or time to join a gym. I do have wii fit though, so would 20 mins a day on this be enough for now? Then maybe build up a wee bit when im able. Just any more than that just now id be on the floor begging for inhaler lol.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    when you first start ww you shouldnt need exercise to lose weight, its just advised that you do do some. 20 mins every few days would be an excellent starting point - something you can easily build on in a few weeks when you are feeling a little better about the exercising :)

4. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Thanks for the reply. Will do it to personal discretion for first few weeks then. I'm not wanting to push myself too far, just up my activity levels.

5. Weston

Weston Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    you'll be fine doing that, last time i did weight watchers i never really intentionally exercised and still had good losses, so 20mins a couple of times a week is great.

6. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I think any exercise is a good idea, and Wiifit is definitely fun, I enjoy it more than the gym tbh :)
    I've just started adding in exercise to up my losses :)
    Good luck!!

7. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    It is fun your right. I have a full length window in my living room so imagine me stood in front of it doing hula hoop lol. Look out onto a fairly busy road too :D

8. vgstar44

vgstar44 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(18.6%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hey hun. Good luck for your start.

I have done no exercise either and its still coming off pretty easily.
    Im going to start over the summer to tone up once im where i want to be with my weight as when the fat turns to muscle it apparently weighs more which physiologically would kill me LOL

Try not to stress over it hun....take one small step at a time and you will get there xx

9. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    once you have EA sports active for the wii... you never need go gym again!!! Lol one of the most amazing ways i've found to keep fit, fun and actually works! ... still need to get the "more workouts" part... but also have the wiifit now.. oh dear.. super hula!!!!!! oh my tum, hips and legs still hurt!! :D so much fun hehe good luck

10. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    I don't think I can do the hula hooping haha, I feel like I'm just wobbling all over the place!!! My knees move too much... But hey, I suppose any movement is doing something :p

11. WMBB

WMBB Can't w8 2 b "Dr.WMBB" :)

Start Weight:
    9st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    hello can anyone tell me what i need to buy to set up the wii fit stuff.

i dont know much about games consols. im assuming you need the main consol...and what else?

12. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    You need the Wii console, and the Balance Board, there are quite a lot of Bundles that come with the board :) I think mine was from Argos, or Tescos.
    And I think that WiiFit is standard with the board, but WiiFit Plus is extra. I don't have WiiFit Plus.

:D

13. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    I think a lot of boards come with wii fit plus as standard now cos it has the older games plus the new ones on it. Really good fun. I live in a top floor flat though so the running ones for me are a no no. Which bugs me cos i really like the free jogging. :(

14. Smirky

Smirky Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Pro points
    I'm the same lmao instead of moving hips the whole body goes and knees bend! still hurts afterwards so as long as it's aching i don't mind it's doing it's job! :D

15. Loser85

Loser85 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    23st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st10lb(28.31%)
    Im the same with hula hoop. Start off with smooth circles but end up jerking all over the place lol. Does the job though, even if my hips are killing the next day. Also on the step one does anyone else find they step all over the place? Especially when you have to go sideways. Or is it my lack of coordination coming into play again :p

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.