Exercise

Splash27

Sooo let's talk about exercise (everyones favourite thing ;))

I'm finding things a little easier and have upped my exercise back to my previous levels since my energy levels are about normal again. I was shocked and managed a full snowboarding session and felt great.

I do:
30mins resistance training (4times a week)
30mins cardio (twice a week)
4 hours of snowboarding (once a week)

What types of things do you guys do?
Do you think its beneficial whilst on a VLCD?

I do an hour's brisk walk with the dog every day, usually after work. Last night I was out at a gig and danced for at least an hour, probably more, my favourite exercise! Used the gym on holiday and quite enjoy it but can't really afford the fees to go to one at home. Enjoy a jog when in the mood too but not a regular type of exercise.
Bren xx

I go to a personal trainer once a week for an hour, and usually try to swim once a week for about 45 minutes.

I also try to walk the dog for at least 20 minutes a day and longer at weekends, but that doesn't always happen cos sometimes other stuff gets in the way and also I don't like going out in the rain.......:eek:

I have quite a well-equipped fitness suite in my back bedroom now too (got a pilates total trainer, ab chair, 5kg medicine ball, barbell & dumbells with assorted weights, swiss ball, skipping rope and floor mat) but I don't use it nearly as much as I should cos I am basically lazy. :eek: I try to do a 15-min resistance & strength mini-workout at least twice a week, but again sometimes other stuff gets in the way or if I am totally honest I just can't be bothered!

walking
a lot
just come back from an hour & 15mins

I will bicycle when the wind stops being too strong & it stops raining once in a while

This is week one for me and I was a bit worried about the exercise part.

I used to try and make 2 x Spinning classes and 2 x Circuit Training classes a week.

Will this level of exercise be okay on the 3 option TS?

I do nowt! I'm still veeeeery light headed & weak at the moment. >:
Hope that the energy comes soon so I can take some nice long walks! :)

I used to try and make 2 x Spinning classes and 2 x Circuit Training classes a week.

I think you may find yourself a bit weak and faint, but that may be directly governed by how fit you were when you started TS

General consensus seems to be that if you did this level of excercise before you started the diet you should be OK to continue it.

However, if you've not been active before starting the diet you should not rush out and start excercising like a mad thing, start gently and build up over time!

Either way, watch the cardio (aerobic) stuff cos it can be a bit dodgy doing too much when on a VLCD as you will burn lean mass (muscle) as well as fat, which will lower your metabolism. Resistance and strength excercise however is recommended because that will help to increase your muscle mass and speed up your metabolism.

General consensus seems to be that if you did this level of excercise before you started the diet you should be OK to continue it.

However, if you've not been active before starting the diet you should not rush out and start excercising like a mad thing, start gently and build up over time!

Either way, watch the cardio (aerobic) stuff cos it can be a bit dodgy doing too much when on a VLCD as you will burn lean mass (muscle) as well as fat, which will lower your metabolism. Resistance and strength excercise however is recommended because that will help to increase your muscle mass and speed up your metabolism.
true true
its different for everyone
maybe I am still thinking back to the time when I did feel faint & dizzy after a long walk
I most certainly didn't today, I could have walked further in the lovely sunshine
(the wind was a pain though)
Have you lost any muscle mass since start Yams?

None at all. In fact quite the opposite, because I am concentrating most of my exercise on weights and core stuff my muscle mass has actually increased since I started.

Not by as much as my body fat has gone down mind you, but as long as it stays the same or keeps going up I'm happy that I'm doing OK.

Since starting, up to last week my body fat %age has gone down from 58.8 to about 48, and my muscle mass %age has gone up from 29.5 to 32. I still don't have as much water as I should, but even that's gone up. :)

My body fat is still way too high, it should be around 25-30%, but apparently the "normal" female muscle mass is around 35% so I'm not too far out on that one.

Wow
muscle at 32%
that amazing
if you get to 34% you will be the same as my OH, and he has a quite strenuous job !

Back