Exercise

greedyguts1980

Silver Member
Hi all

Just wanted to know what exercise ppl do!! Not sure if I do enough.

I plan on jogging 3 times a week, jillian michaels 30 day shred and I've found my zumba DVD!! Love the music and shaking my hips lol!!

I'm going on a zumba (booze) cruise to Amsterdam on 5 October!! Can't wait!!

Anyway, I thought maybe we could set an exercise challenge for September!! We have a few days to "warm up"!!

Let me know what you think!! If you are up for the challenge of doing some sort of exercise every day in September shout out!! Whether it be a gym class, jog, fitness DVD, walking the kids to school, gardening or spring clean it all adds up!!

Let's get fit in September ladies

Sarah xxx

Hi Greedy

At the moment none!!

In term time I at least have the school run. I am definitely up for an exercise challenge in September, I have the 30 day Shred dvd, EA Active and The Fight for the PS3. I am also considering getting either a Zumba dvd or game...but not too sure yet?

Looks like you have a good plan but make sure you build up gradually or you will burn yourself out and give up....this is what I usually do anyway! Might be best to just concentrate on one type of exercise and get that into a routine before adding another type.

xx

Hi Mel

I jog already but have been lazy the past couple of weeks. I am thinking of jogging at lunchtimes during the week (20 mins) then alternate exercise DVDs on an evening :)

If I haven't got the energy to jog I will walk down to Saltwell Park for some fresh air!!

I wish I lived closer to work so we could get a puppy. That would take care of my exercise!!

What are your plans today Mel? I'm going to get some fresh air after food shopping then go to the comedy nite (OH's birthday prezzie)

xxx

We've got two dogs but I am a bit lazy really..I walk to the little field at the end of our road and get them to run round there, so not really any exercise for me. Sometimes I walk them down the local shop which is about a ten minute walk away lol x I can only do this if dh is with me though as it's a bit awkard pushing a double buggy while trying to hold both (big) dogs!

I am not up to much today, just tidying and sorting. I have almost finished the kitchen just the broom cupboard to sort out and the pan cupboard....oh and mop the floor. Honestly there is so much junk shoved into every little space in this house lately it is driving me mad, I HATE clutter but since having my daughter she was/is such a screamy whingy clingy baby I haven't had a chance to do anything!!!!

You are good, already jogging. I think I would pass out if I tried to run I am so unfit.

Where do you live?

Spring cleaning is good exercise :) I just have a 2 bed flat to keep clean with no pets or children!!

The OH helps which is good!!

What kind of dogs you got? I'd love 2 French mastiffs or boxers.

I live in East Sleekburn in Northumberland. What about you? Only been here 8 weeks and it's like that film The Crazies!!

xxx

Ah you've got a good OH there then, mine isn't to hot on the 'helping out'!

We have got Jasper who is a Lab x Newf, he is about 4yrs old, we got him from a dogs shelter when he was about 18mths old, and he is the most amazing dog in the world:). The other dog is Sky, she is an 11yr old Alsation but we have only had her since the new year as her owner (MIL's Boyfriend) died just before christmas. I would never have taken her in if we didn't know her already and knew she was fine around the kids etc... She is a bit of a diva tbh and has been thoroughly spoilt her whole life, we love pets but they get treated as pets iygwim, Sky is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to that;)

I am not far from Chester, it is a bit of a crappy town, but we are right on the edge so not bad where we are actually.

I carried on cleaning until nearly 1pm, but still didn't get the floor mopped lol, ds3 is potty training atm so I did have to stop a million times to see to him, and to stop mass murder as the two little ones fought over a rolling pin!! I have just been sat on my bum for the last hour making a schedule for the older boys as I am sick of chasing them up to do simple things like ....get dressed, open curtains, brush teeth!!!! I am hoping this helps as it will be on the wall in their bedroom right near the door, so there is no avoiding it :D

IF you jog in your lunch hour, will you need to get changed etc....

I am DEFINITELY going to start on the EA Active on Monday.....If I haven't feel free to kick me:p

Ur life sounds hectic!! Hope yr kids pull their weight to make it a bit easier for you :)

OH has his lazy moments but all in all he's alreet!!

This slimfast stuff has put me in a hell of a bad mood this morning (either that or the neighbour upstairs banging on the front door when I was in a deep sleep). I can't seem to shake it off!! I'm usually so laid back but I feel like I want to argue!!

I should jog today but I'm in agony with my back and it will make it worse. Going to chill this afternoon and start with the exercise tmrw!!

The zumba game for the kinect is supposed to be good. I downloaded a zumba DVD from utorrentz.com :)

xxx

Oh god I was like this for the first few days, and headaches too:( Yesterday I didn't have any headaches but I was still grumpy, I am hoping next week (week 2) will a bit easier.

I really need to get off my bum now and go and put some bread on before the smallest one awakes from her nap lol (yes life is hectic)

Will be back to chat later, although I will be spying from my phone;)

My OH just said that I seem to be in a funny mood with him and he doesn't know why cos he hasn't done anything wrong!! Bless him!!

You make your own bread? Wow!! Bread is getting so expensive. I'm hoping that I can cut bread out on this diet.

I am having veggie chilli tmrw and making Sunday roast for the lads as they're watching F1 and will need a good feed!!

Your dogs sound lush!! Bit hard work tho when you've got the little un's to see to as well!!

xxx

Greedy, I rarely eat bread, but it smells divine when it comes out all hot and fresh:drool: Unfortunately bread often gives me stomach pains, so I try to avoid too much of it. I have been making my own for the last 4yrs though.

The dogs can be hard work, luckily the cat is nice and easy! With 4 kids, 2 dogs and a cat, the house is never peaceful I can tell you that much and I think my grey hairs have tripled:eek:

I love chilli, do you make the veggie version with lentils? How long have you been vegetarian and why? Just curious really.
I decided a few weeks back to follow a more meat free diet, not for any particular reason other than to reduce the food bills and to eat more healthily. I will often have 5 days out of 7 now where i have no meat at all...I still give it to dh most days or he would moan, but he will eat SOME veggie meals now.

xxx

Just this past week!! It's just because I eat very little meat and love the veggie stuff!! It's healthy too!! I'm not a protester or anything lol.

Well I had veggie chilli and rice last nite and for all my belly wasn't rumbling I was soooooooooo looking forward to real food!!!!

Have u got a bad head this morning after yr vodka? I had a mega lie in!! I could sleep for England!!

Better get this Sunday roast prepared for the hungry monsters xxx

Oh Greedy I know what you mean about the 'real' food, I must admit I do look forward to my evening meal now lol. I see what you mean about the vegetarianism x

No I didn't really drink too much, more tired as I didn't get to bed till 2am and was up with the little two at 6.30am.

Ouch!! 4.5 hrs isn't enough you'll be begging for a nap this afternoon!!

I have chilli again for tonite!! I took it out the freezer to defrost. I Don't mind cos it's really tasty!!

You having a roast today? I still haven't had my shake yet!! Mark will be here soon and I'm still in my PJ's!! Argh!!

Focus!! Co-op for sugar and Yorkshire puds then all hands on deck!!!

Sarah xxx

Yes we are having a roast, It is SO SO rare that we actually have a roast on a Sunday, but it just happened that I had a joint of beef in the freezer! Kids are just sitting down to lunch and then we will nip off to co op for some bits and bobs!

I tried to have a little nap a while ago but dh was yelling up the stairs that he couldn't find the wipes, huh...nevermind!

Men!! Where would they be without us?! They can't see past their nose ends.

Well dinner is on the go!! I have just had my 1st shake at 12 and my belly feels like my throats been cut!!!

Gonna chop some fruit to take my mind off it lol xxx

Wow first shake at 12...I bet you are starvin!

WOOHOOO I have just done a 50minute walk and at least half of that was over rough ground pushing a double buggy!!!! I am knackered now....

I had a crunchy nut chocolate peanut bar (150 cals) from the Spar when I went for Yorkshire puds for the lads. Just remembered about that!! It only had cal info for 100g. Just googled it :-( I will save 50 cals elsewhere today.

Well done on the walk!! Bet the fresh air has done you the world of good!! I want to jog but it's blowing a gale out there!! When uncle Mark goes home I'll do zumba DVD and session on vibroplate!!

Making the roast was a killer but I think I have inhaled the fumes and I'm not hungry anymore lol.

Chopped some strawberries up for my next snack :) they look lush!!

You deserve an afternoon chilling Mel!! I have to visit the vile MIL today. I'd rather eat my toenails and pull my hair out.

Sarah xxx

I do a bit of walking, possibly going for a 5/6 miles today!

Walking is so good for you :) I'm going to park my car further away from work cos at the min I am literally across the road!!

I'm off to bamburgh this morning so will be doing a walk round there from our walking guide xxx

Enjoy Bamburgh Castle x

Back