exercise

loopyloudrewitt

what exercise do u have to do like do u have to join a gym or do u think walkin would be enough ?? and when u exercise more does it show on the scales ?

hi loopyloudrewitt :)

i used go to a gym alot this time last year but i didnt have much success. since starting LT ive been doing a good bit of walking as i dont feel i am ready for a gym yet- i am quite big. its just a personal choice but i will defo go there soon. the walking has done me wonders im finding it gets easier and easier as the pounds drop off! as regards weight loss accelleration- i havent seen a huge difference but i feel better and im toning up a little and that feeling alone is enough for me! if your used to the gym go for it or else start slow. get a consult at your local gym and get a program going. it will defo help with the weight loss as the saying goes- eat less( and we are defo doing that :p ) and move more! xxx

I think low impact is best on LT....walking/swimming.... as your on a real low amount of cals!!

Saying that there are a few that do heavy gym sessions/bootcamps...

Think its down to what you feel you can do!!! x

Just been noseing around to find the answer. I go to body pump once a week and zumba once a week and hope to continue x

At the min I just walk or go on just dance on the wii I love it :) x

I did a fair bit of walking at the weekend but hope to increase my exercise.
I can highly recommend subscribing to the Groupon, KGB, Living Social websites as they give some fabulous daily deals - often fitness or beauty related. I just bought an offer today of 6 dance classes for £9 as they do zumba or salcacise which I thought I might start with in a few weeks - voucher valid for a few months. Also a few of the Gym chains have offers, e.g. I bought 10 day passes to LA Fitness for £15 - gym 5 minutes away from house so even if you just go for a swim, sauna, steam or jacuzzi it stops you thinking about eating and burns a few calories at the same time - and it's really a bargain. Think they had one today for Fitness First so well worth keeping an eye out for those bargains. I have had quite a few deals on facials, massage, mainicures, pedicures too and they do a lot of hair offers so you can make yourself feel good and treat yourself at bargain price as a reward for being good - any excuse lol

I love Groupon, its fantastic for "treating" yourself! I seriously need to start the exercise - just bought Zumba for the Wii, so hoping that will help!

ty girlies apprecitate ur comments . i walk my dog but i was wondering was waking enough xx ty

I've been really debating exercise since starting LT. I've read quite frequently that days/weeks when people have been to the gym they have not had very good weight losses. Which is why I haven't been. I don't know whether this is true or not but I imagine it varies from person to person.

I think the reasoning behind it must be that while you are loosing fat you are also gaining muscle which shows no change on the scales as you would technically weigh the same. Of course you will feel better about yourself and be more toned so if this is the aim I'd say go for it! But if you're looking for big losses just bare in mind that exercise may affect this and don't be disheartened if there isn't a big loss on the scales - you are still loosing fat!

xxxx

Hi, I enjoy going to Aqua Extreme classes. Which is exercises in the deep end of the swimming pool wearing a floatation band (so even my bum can't sink) and you do exercises to music. We do mountain climbing, rowing, shadow boxing and it all looks like I am training for being in Its a Knockout! (showing my age now). It is great and I feel ten years younger after each class.

I love the sound of aqua extreme - I used to do aqua c. 4 times each week when I lived in Newcastle and it was more extreme than some of the sedate aqua classes I have been to in other gyms. Problem was when I moved to Liverpool I was not able to find a gym which did the same amount or type of classes and guess what? I got fatter and really unfit cos I did nothing lol
I must look out for anywhere doing aqua extreme - which gym do you go to that does these classes if you don't mind me asking please?

I attend my local Council run swimming pool for classes. We pay the usual swimming entrance fee only with no subscription fee - just pay as you go. It is great.

I think walking can be enough, but it's also how you walk and for how long.

I'm sure someone told me once, (get out clause there) that for any exercise, you don't start burning fat until after 30 mins of exercise, but the fat burning does continue for several hrs after exercising.

As for the how, if you use trekking/ walking poles they increase your calories burnt by about 30% and can also reduce the strain on knees and lower legs.

I've been really debating exercise since starting LT. I've read quite frequently that days/weeks when people have been to the gym they have not had very good weight losses. Which is why I haven't been. I don't know whether this is true or not but I imagine it varies from person to person.

I think the reasoning behind it must be that while you are loosing fat you are also gaining muscle which shows no change on the scales as you would technically weigh the same. Of course you will feel better about yourself and be more toned so if this is the aim I'd say go for it! But if you're looking for big losses just bare in mind that exercise may affect this and don't be disheartened if there isn't a big loss on the scales - you are still loosing fat!

xxxx

You are right there Emma-Jayne some exercises can obviously create more lean muscle which weighs more than fat ironicly! However if you stick to cardio exercise then that should only aid the losses as it is strength training..i.e weights that build the muscle :) x

I used to think that.... but muscle weighs the same as fat!!!

But its less dense thats where the confusion is!!! So if you exercise and you don't lose..... you will sure have lost inches.... thats why its a good idea to to take measurements as well as weigh! Especially if you are exercising!!!

: )

Indeed muscle and fat weight the same, I googled it after having an arguement with my boyfriend about it lol! I won :-D If you are intending to exercise I would definitely take measurements so that numbers are still going down! As being 100% and not loosing on the scales would be very frustrating. Xxx

knew it was something that was more haha :) im right in thinking that cardio is the way forward for loss though arent i? or have i mixed that up somewhere in my little airhead :) xx

Yeah cardio is a big part of it. But for most effective weight loss you also need to incorporate strength exercies (which is where the 'no loss on the scales' thing comes in.) Toned muscles burn more fat and raise the metabolism for more overall fat loss, which carries on throughout the whole day not just while you're exercising. It's complicated stuff :-S xxx

It is hun, I'm a swimming coach I know the exact effects that has etc but when it comes to the dry land side of things it gets beyond me haha! :) xx

Hehe.... I emailed LT for some clarity lol.... this is what they said....

So.... i emailed LT about the exercise v no exercise....

This is what i recieved back in case any of you are stil wondering....

Don’t worry – the exercise will not affect your actual fat loss (no more and no less) Sometimes exercise can induce dehydration and the body holds on to some fluid which adds some water weight, but you will lose the same amount of fat as usual.....

Back