Exercise

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Hi :) just a bit of advice i want to try lose some of my belly as this is were i carry all my weight its so wobbly its gross :(, i also want to tone my thighs as they r so wobbly:/ anyone any ideas whats best exercise for this? X

Do some resistence exetcise like squats sit up and lunges. If you like dvds Davinas are good for this type of thing or Jillian Micheals has some good ones too.

It is a bit of a myth that you can exercise to remove wobbly bits. They are wobbly cos they are made up of fat, and you can't turn fat to muscle, or vice versa. You can lose fat ,and you can build muscle, but the 2 things are not linked. You could use the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred 6 times a week for a month and still have a wobbly belly with rock hard abs under it, if you didn't make sure you stuck to a low calorie diet.

The good news is that muscle requires more calories so your metabolism will get quicker if you exercise and build muscle, so whilst you might not be able to exercise your wobbly bits into muscle, you will be able to get that fat burnt away quicker by doing exercise - if you get what I mean?

The 30 day shred is a good one if you don't have a gym membership. I am alternatiing between gym sessions, 30 day shred, 6 weeks abs (probably best of waiting till you've done 30 day shred for a few weeks though) and I'm starting swimming as well. As long as whatever you do you have 1 rest day a week you will notice a difference.

Just be prepared to maybe maintain ratrher than loose weight in the 1st few weeks as your body will retain water around your joints to protect them - and make sure you drink lots more water as well. It will level off after a few weeks, and you'll begin to loose a gain, so don't worry about it.

Also make sure you eat a bit more so you have the energy to do the training. That 30 day shred may be only 20 minutes but its hardcore!

Enjoy x

Back