Exercise

fizzyfluff

Gold Member
Question: so my cal allowance on a up day is 2044. If I was to do exercise, mfp takes that energy burnt off your eating amount. Should I be eating to replace those cals and keep the over intake up at 2044?

For example I've eaten 2000 today, exercised and used 250 which takes my net intake down to 1750

15 lost : 52 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
Question: so my cal allowance on a up day is 2044. If I was to do exercise, mfp takes that energy burnt off your eating amount. Should I be eating to replace those cals and keep the over intake up at 2044?

For example I've eaten 2000 today, exercised and used 250 which takes my net intake down to 1750

I'm wondering that too. My allowance on a UD is 2200, but today I burnt 397 through exercise, and didn't eat the calories back. Wondering if I should have? Hmm..

- start weight 12.2 - goal weight 10.0

I don't eat mine back on an UD but on a DD I will use exercise if I've gone over a few (if that makes sense).
I made the mistake a few years ago of eating what I exercised and I didn't lose weight so I'm not going down that route this time.

gentoo/aptenny

I don't think I'll eat my exercise cals back on a UD either, but what about DD's? As I plan on doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred every day, and that burns on average 200 cals so should I eat the exercise cals back that I burn through this on a DD? Confused!

I remembered that on the juddd calculator that our cal allowance is based on how much excerise we are doing, so I'd say it's already been included and we aren't supposed to eat back our allowance

Oh yeah! Good point lol, I completely forgot about that. I input light exercise 1-3 times a week, just in case now and again I can't be bothered or feel too tired for it ;) lol

Back