Exercise

For me the best time to exercise is early in morning to get it out of the way, and rev the metabolism. Thats doing a Zumba workout. If I'm not doing serious exercise ie going on kinect or the wii ( still burning cals though)I go on that when I get back in from work as its fun for me and takes my mind off a bad day at work/ stress of work.

I do my exercise in the mornings...normally between 6am and 7am. Really sets me up for the day.

I run 3 or 4 times a week, generally anywhere between 5k and 10k with occasional interval training. I swim twice a week, 1 mile each time. Any day that I'm not running or swimming do try to do a 4ish mile brisk walk.

I do my exercise late in the evenings (8:30-10pm) during the week, and in the morning (10:30-12:00) on weekends.
I would prefer the mornings, but on the bright side I don't crave beer or food after dinner when I go in the evening. ;) And if I ever get too hungry after, a single hard-boiled egg works wonders.

So far I'm sticking to a routine which was recommended at my gym for weight loss, which is basically
- 10min of cardio to warm up (for me that's usually the treadmill, walking for about a minute and running the other 9)
- Various weights and things for my back (usually takes my about 45 min with the appropriate breaks in between)
- 35 min or more cardio, usually treadmill again. one minute or two to "get into the rhythm", then running, then a cooldown with decreasing speed every minute at the end.

I do it straight after work so between 5pm and 6pm during the week and early in the morning on the weeks.

I do a run on my elliptical three times a week and one half an hour fitness DVD a week. I am trying to go swimming more though. Gradually building it up :)

I jog daily for between 30 and 90 minutes. I find having some fuel works best as when I've tried jogging first thing before eating but i'm too tired that way.

The times that work best for me seem to be 10-11am (about an hour or so after a light breakfast e.g. banana and coffee +/- yoghurt), 3pm (after having eaten normally at breakfast and lunch) or between 5 and 7 before dinner!

Good luck! Also if you're new to exercise and are thinking of jogging or running you could try something like the 'Couch to 5k'

xx

ps. my pre-jog plan includes a cup of coffee with sugar (30 calories) in it for energy immediately beforehand, and complex carbs e.g. banana or wholemeal bread an hour or two beforehand.

Just also adding even though I know it's not your question. Jillian michaels says to loose weight you need to be doing 60 mins within that 5 mins wArm up and 5 cool down 50 mins woRk out. To burn fat

Fab information everyone. I am thinking about jogging/running but I can't get my head around C25K :/ xxxx

My typical.week is as follows
I swim three times a week, one morning and two evenings,
I run one morning a week ( just under 5 k)
rpm ( spinning) on a Wednesday morning and Tuesday lunchtime
bodypump on a Sunday and Thursday morning and monday evening
Bodystep on a Monday, tueday and Thursday evening and Saturday morning
Body attack on a Monday and Thursday evening
Bodycombat on a Sunday morning and s Wednesday and Friday night
Bodybalance on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday night
Gym workouts on Sunday and Tuesday night

Lol yeah it does! I usually do around three hours a day, I love my classes! Bodystep is my favourite!

katoof said:
My typical.week is as follows
I swim three times a week, one morning and two evenings,
I run one morning a week ( just under 5 k)
rpm ( spinning) on a Wednesday morning and Tuesday lunchtime
bodypump on a Sunday and Thursday morning and monday evening
Bodystep on a Monday, tueday and Thursday evening and Saturday morning
Body attack on a Monday and Thursday evening
Bodycombat on a Sunday morning and s Wednesday and Friday night
Bodybalance on a Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday night
Gym workouts on Sunday and Tuesday night

OMG!!!! That's some going. Do you work? I would love to be able to do something like that but having to work 50 hrs a week I'd never have the time or the energy.

Yeah I work, I go before and after work, don't have much of a social life at the moment, just wanna get to my target, got a way to go yet

Fab information everyone. I am thinking about jogging/running but I can't get my head around C25K :/ xxxx

If you have an iPhone, there is a great app called 'couch to 5k' which beeps at you when it's time to run or walk. You can listen to your music and it makes the half hour go by pretty quick! If you don't have one, then there are plenty of workout plans online. You could probably get a cheap sports watch and do it yourself.

I have a baby, so I tend to jog 3/4 times a week when my husband gets home. I am also on his gym membership, so a couple of times a week I do an hour at the gym, followed by a sauna. It's a treat for me really, and much easier than the jogging!

Katoof, you are officially my hero. You definitely earned that weight loss!

Back