Exercise?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Hedgehog, 30 March 2008 Social URL.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi There

I am wondering if those of you who are having good consistent weight loss are also exercising?

My husband thinks I should hit the treadmill for a walk in the evenings but I'm thinking because of the VLCD of SSing that I wouldnt really be wise to do this

What are your experiences?

Thanks
    H

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Don't do like mega strenuous exercise but some exercise can surely be no bad thing! And would only aid your weight loss, even just 30 mins 3 times a week which is what I'm starting next week. It'll help up the metabolism too which will have totally decreased because of the no eating x

4. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks, I wouldnt be doing anything too fast just walking, its probably a good idea to do it cause I have a very sedentary job....

5. aellon

aellon Back Again

Start Weight:
    16st13lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Good thread Hedge, I'll be really interested to see what everyone else does! Me, I try to do 3x30mins a week. I just about manage it but somedays I feel just too knackered to work out. I think maybe it's the lack of carbs but sometimes I feel like I have no energy at all, though that could just be my 2 energy sapping duracel bunny type children:D.

6. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I was actually thinking of leaving the car at home a couple of days a week and walking to the bus stop too and from work would give me 4 x 10 minute walks during the day :) That might be a good way to start

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

well, it is a good start but maybe you could stretch yourself a little further and walk to the NEXT bus stop instead of the closest one???

good luck

8. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks Dancing, the actually bus-stop where I work leaves me at the door so I had been planning to get off 2 stops early if I find thats okay on the diet, I will definitely get off another one or 2 earlier :)

9. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    My exercise is house work, and walking.. but even walking (have lots of hills) makes me tired..

if you do take up exercise and are feeling very tired.. most cdc will suggest having an extra pack a day for the calories!

but you may also notice that the scales may not budge much (muscle weighs more than fat) .. so make sure you measure too!

10. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

it should be fine on the diet ... after a couple of weeks being on it, it is recommended that people try to increase their amount of walking and get up to 10,000 steps a day (this is approx 1 and half hours walking but depends what rate you are walking at ... so your 10mins should be fine ;))

11. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

yes, build up the exercise slowly and stop if you don't feel well. Rather than having an extra pack a good idea is to have half a pack prior to the form of exercise you take and half pack immediately after.

12. sun

sun Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(9.14%)
    Diet:
    exante
    has anyone tried, used, got a lateral thigh trainer, my friend has offered me one and wondered whether they are any good.

sun xxxxxx

13. loveablemonkey

loveablemonkey Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(21.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    My mum has a lateral thigh trainer and she stopped using it after like a week, I'm not sure why.. I tried it though and found it really tricky with hardly any resistance so didn't feel like you were doing much, jutst flailing about aimlessly! I dunno.. give your friend's a try before taking it and see what you think?

14. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    there is something in the mag from last week sunday paper.. omg cant remember what its called.. says do 1 minute on it 3 times a day.. you stand on it? does your legs bum and tummy?

anyone know what this is called? i was going to look on ebay when i seen it last week but think i threw the mag out..

lol

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.