Exercising and SW

sarahsw

Hello all, I'm new to the forum so hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. I've been doing SW since March and have lost 2.5 stone, but I've spent the last 2 months gaining and losing the same 2 lb :(

I'm going on Holiday in a month and want to shift as much as I can before then, so I joined the gym just to do cardio / treadmill fat burning, but I've read so many horror stories of people's weight loss stopping as soon as they start to exercise. I know that the exercise can't possibly be bad for me, but I'm not sure how to manage it / what to expect whilst doing SW. Any advice is welcome!

When I started exercising, yes my weight losses did slow down... but.... my body continued to change (in a positive way of cause).

When you first start exercising I think you need to forget about the numbers (easier said than done) for a month or so and focus on how you feel within yourself and how your body feels.

You may not loose lb's but you'll loose inches..... and to me that's what's important for the holiday/bikini season!!

I had a few weeks where I gained... but I think it was because I was going off plan because I was trying to be too good, and ended up too hungry on run days...... to combat this I make sure I eat plenty of free filling foods like jacket potatos or pasta.

Good luck.xx

Thank's Lotte, that's great to hear! I'm going to measure myself today and go by those numbers instead :)

thanks again x

Thank's Lotte, that's great to hear! I'm going to measure myself today and go by those numbers instead :)

thanks again x

Have you tried using weights too? That should help keep your loss. There is an article about it here...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fat_loss_training_wars.htm

And if you click through on some of the links it has weight lifting plans - those body builders do know what they are talking about! :)

Back