Exercising at home...All tips greatly received!

Lucylu79

Gold Member
So I haven't exercised for nearly 4 months and I need some motivation and advise.

Who exercises at home and what programme or dvd do you follow?

I have access to an exercise bike with programmes etc, my husband uses it and although it sounds like one of the parts is about to fall off he certainly breaks a sweat on it!

I prefer following a dvd and have tried 30 day shred, never got to L3 mind!

Just wondering what's out there lately and what people are exercising too at home?

Thanks

I did the shred and didn't get to level 3 but only due to committing myself to do it everyday and I don't think its possible, I didn't see a dramatic change in body but mostly in my cardio.

I lost a lot of weight on a mountain bike, great fun with a good play list on the MP3.
The oxygen in the lungs the sun on your face cant be beat for a boost of healthiness.

I also lost with my walking machine, id keep Hollyoaks, ( been watching it since the start ) and walk through the omnibus on a Sunday.
They've changed the times now, I've just finished Vikings 80 hours and wow that's an amazing series would be a good one for a 80 hour work out over a 4 weeks.
Recently I went swimming every day for 4 weeks I lost nothing but did show slight signs of body changing.

For me the only way forward is my bike and i'm hoping to get back on that next week, bit cold for starting now id only go down the road and back :D

I've been cutting my foods down for around a month and hoping to be 10lb down this weigh in but I don't exercise until a month into my food changes as I find the 2 together to much of a challenge.
I do thou train myself subconsciously to tense my Butt checks were ever I am, I now do it with out realising it , when i'm driving, watching TV, standing in a queue, or laid in bed and I now actually have a curved Butt at the top of my legs rather than a Butt the length of my legs :D. Sounds crazy but I'm chuffed to bits as I always get a big arse when I put on weight :D

Fitness blender workouts on you tube are amazing. I wish I had the space to workout properly at home, but as home is a narrowboat I had to join a gym instead. Bur highly recommend fitness blender. So many videos to chose from.

LOL Lookingforme I too am a butt clencher! I've done it for longer than I remember.

LucyLu, I have a treadmill at the end of the sitting room. I too have the shred but have never got past level 1. Callanetics is a good all round but my fav is to dance! Why not? Wack on some good music and let rip. :D

I love the Jillian Michaels DVDs and finally managed to completed the 30 day shred earlier this year. It wasn't easy but I did lose 7lbs and lots of inches to finally hit my goal :) . I now use her DVDs to help me to maintain and stay strong, it has become a good habit to have and I enjoy it. As long as you find an exercise you enjoy you will stick with it and see great results!

I have an Instructor Live account. It's pretty cool, though not exactly the cheapest option out there - membership is about £10 per month or cheaper if you take 6/12 month membership. But I like the range of classes (I get bored far, far too easily) and I can get it up on my telly using the web browser so it's nice and easy. Off the ipad/laptop didn't really work so well.

I use it to complement a gym membership and muchos walking. I tend to go spinning and zumba classes at the gym, just because a) I don't have a spin bike and b) I prefer the synergy in a group class. But most gym classes are way later than I want, so this way I can be home at 5.30, fit in a quick workout and be done by 6.15.

I am currently doing Insanity workout and having shakeology been a couple weeks in and lbs down, i cannot stress enough how much i am enjoying this workout dvd, and also being a beachbody coach myself it was all about living a healthier lifestyle and it has been so good.

Complete beginners and/or very unfit people (meee!) search for Lucy Wyndham-Read on youtube...loads of home workouts no longer than 5-20 mins using no special equipment (except the odd thing you might have at home like a chair, a broom etc) really good!

I have the shred too but it nearly killed me. I'm using the Wii fit now and have the biggest loser on it and its fun. On dry days I walk and cycle and I also go to the local pool to swim. YouTube is great and I have used it for dancing.

Back