Exercising :-)

Raven1066

Hi all hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :)

I just wondered what sort of exercise does you do and is there anything you find works well with slimming world?

Does anyone gain weight when they 1st start exercising?

:family2:

It depends how I feel, at the moment Im doing 30 day shred, Zumba and walking. I tend not to lose as much when I first start doing lots of exercise, I was told this is due to fluid not building muscle as everyone thinks! However I do also enjoy the gym and swimming but I'm an all or nothing girl lol When I'm good I make sure I fit it in and stick to it, but when I'm bad I make sure I dont fit it in lol And its the last thing on list to do... Trying to change this so it becomes natural, like eating healthy also.

got my Wii set up today, so looking forward to doing more exercise other than dog walking!

I have been exercising regularly for the last 3 weeks, almost everyday been going to the gym and I wouldn't say it has increased my weight loss but I haven't gained or sts. Maybe it takes a while to have an effect or maybe like people say it makes you lose inches rather than pounds but all I think is it must be doing me good to go from doing no exercise to doing a lot more!

It's typical as soon as I decided I would start doing classes at my gym they have to limit them while they get their studio floor fixed!

OH and I make sure we play either badminton or squash once a week, usually on a Monday evening, alternating between the two. We were originally aiming for a session of each per week but we quickly found that we just don't have the time to have something on 3 evenings per week (weigh in at class counts as the 3rd evening). If we have the hall to ourselves when playing badminton then we very often run (or in my case jog!) a circuit in between each game just to get a bit more cardio in there too.

I have got Zumba on the Wii, WiiFit and a rebounder at home which I really need to start using a little more often! I also have a set of weights somewhere and a Davina McCall dvd... need to dig those out too.

I do Zumba on fridays and do it on the Wii a couple a times a week. i also go to gym at least 5 times a week. I found that this has really improved my weight loss but I have also toned up aswell :)

It depends how I feel, at the moment Im doing 30 day shred, Zumba and walking. I tend not to lose as much when I first start doing lots of exercise, I was told this is due to fluid not building muscle as everyone thinks! However I do also enjoy the gym and swimming but I'm an all or nothing girl lol When I'm good I make sure I fit it in and stick to it, but when I'm bad I make sure I dont fit it in lol And its the last thing on list to do... Trying to change this so it becomes natural, like eating healthy also.

I am exactly the same!!!

At the moment im trying to make sure I walk at least 20 mins per day as finding spare time hard to come by, but in the future weeks im looking at getting a bit of swimming back in, Will find this easier when schools are back as I like to friday aft's but cant at the moment as it's children only

I've started back at the gym this week after a LONG absence :rolleyes:

Went 5 times last week and did 15 mins on the bike, 30 mins on cross trainer and 15 mins on treadmill. Going to start doing some weights this week, and I'm also going back to Zumba classes and I'm gonna try step aerobics too, to vary my workout a bit!

I have two dogs so walk them everyday for at least 45 mins, and believe me they give me a great workout !!! :p

OH and I make sure we play either badminton or squash once a week, usually on a Monday evening

For this week, count that as a half hour session of badminton... I have somehow managed to either pull a muscle in my left shoulder/upper back or have trapped a nerve. It was a bit 'picky' yesterday morning then got worse as the day went on.

OH said not to worry about going to play badminton, even though we'd paid for the court, but I was determined to give it a go, thinking that as I am right handed I'd be fine... but really struggled and was in agony while playing. After half an hour OH decided enough was enough and that I was doing myself more harm than good trying to play, so he packed me back into the car and took me home.

Hot bath, co-codamol and ibuprofen gel seemed to ease it a little but trying to sleep last night was rather difficult, just couldn't get comfortable. Have dosed myself up with co-codamol again this morning to try and get through my day at work, so just need to keep taking them as and when I can and hope it sorts itself out asap.

Grrr... damned thing getting in the way of my exercise!

I've just finished week 1 of kettleworx after reading and seeing fabulous results. I am so excited to see how it's worked after the initial 6 weeks :)

I do a mixture of zumba, body attack, spinning and the gym. I am on my forth week and i did have a small gain last week which was completely unexpected :sigh:, I almost cried it was that unexpected! Hopefully the it will be reflected in the scales this week ;)

Didn't get to the gym today and I'm so disappointed with myself, it was just laziness !! I was all set to go for my step class and then ended up watching Jeremy Kyle :mad:

Will definitely be there in the morning !! I'll watch Jeremy whilst on the cross trainer :cool:

i lurve Zumba, such a great way to have fun, and whatever ur fitness/dance routine level, u still have fun, no judging and a great way to burn off some calories!

I like doing power walks with my ipod, I would jog but my fitness level is not up to scratch. Such a good way to relieve worries/stres s too!

I have never gained weight doing exercise (well exercise has never been the culprit!)

Back