Exhausted and trying hard not to cheat

Mummy_Helen

Silver Member
I have had about 2 hrs sleep in the last 48 hrs. My 5 yr old daughter has been in hospital with a 40.1C temp, she has accute tonsilitus AND an ear infection, AND gastroenteritis.

I am exhausted looking after her and haven't been able to cook from scratch for the last 2 days. I know I haven't had my 1/3 because I just don't have the time, I've just been grabbing and going, but I haven't gone over my syns. Yet. Tonight is WI and I have a feeling that I may have gained, and I don't care about that, my baby comes first, but all I want to do is get a takeaway after WI, and not a good takeaway and then eat a mound of chocolate and pringles. I KNOW I shouldn't do it, but I just can't be bothered with anything at the moment. It's like I have an angel and a devil on each shoulder, one says "sod it, get that korma and naan bread", and the other says "You're so close son't **** it up now"

I don't know why I'm posting this really, just feeling sorry for myself I think... Tell me I can get through the sleep deprivation and yuckies without falling off the wagon and then getting run over by it!

:hug99::hug99::hug99:

Dont beat yourself up, you are so close now but if you have one treat, as long as you see it just as a treat is it really so bad? When I started this, my hubby said to me oh well thats no more takeaways and dominos again then, and I said to him, no this isnt a diet its a lifestyle change, I'm not never going to have anything thats bad for me again, I just wont have it every day. Its about choices.

So now for a treat I have a small domios pizza, with half fat cheese and veggies on - that way i get my pig out, without it being the large full fat hawain version i would have once had.

I'm not saying go for it, I mean if you can resist and cook something 'normal' or grab a syn free meal from the supermarket then great, but if you don't then in the grand scheme of what you've achieved, its not the end of the world. Plus I find the more I say no to myself the more I actually want it and then I well and truly fall off the wagon. SW is the only 'diet' I have been on that has given me the flexibility to still live!

Hugs for your little girl, hope she feels better soon

Hi hun, I know it is the worst thing in the world when the kids are ill. Very stressful and you can't make it better for them. I know when my life starts feeling out of control that my eating follows.

You have come so far, I know you must want that takeaway tonight like crazy! But try and think of how you will feel in the morning. You will have that feeling that you have now got even harder work to do this wk to make up for it.

I know all this is easy to say. If you do decide go for a takeaway compromise with yourself and stay within syns and you will feel so much better tomorrow. If you go full throttle tonight then just put it all past you tomorrow and think afresh.

Good luck, sometimes life gets in the way of SW but think of that weigh in next wk x:)

If you have a realy naughty takeaway just after Wi you'll be playing catch up all week. Try and stay within weekly syns with your takeaway and leave a few syns for the rest of the week otherwise it might lead to a week off plan.
I hope your little one gets better soon xx

Awww hun!! Hugs for you and your little girl!!

You've only got 10lbs to go hun, you've worked so hard!!!

Please dont give into your devil! As others have said if you need the takeaway go for a low syn option and wake up tomorrow proud of yourself for getting through it rather than feeling like you failed for giving in.

xx

Last edited:
Im going to disagree with the others here. Have your takeaway. You have had a rough few days and need to treat yourself a little bit. As long as you stay on plan for the rest of the week it wont do any harm.

HOWEVER - JUST have the takeaway. Not the chocolate and the pringles too.

If this is a one off treat, and not an excuse for a week long bingeout, it will probably do you good. Even Bob the trainer from the Biggest Loser advocates having a "one off" treat meal of something you really enjoy, once a week.

This is not a life sentence you are part of here, its a life, and sometimes it does you good to have something you want. So have it, have it without guilt and planned for, but do it with full resolve to get straight back on plan tomorrow.

You may find if you go to WI and have a gain it puts you off having the takeaway anyway, but if not, thats what I would do. One meal out of 21 meals will not ruin your week.

oh cut yourself some slack! you have done really well and having 1 takeaway isnt going to ruin that is it? if you really want it, have it but make that the end of it and tom morning start afresh!
hope your little one makes a speedy recovery! xx

Firstly, hope your little girl gets better soon! One of those on it's own is bad never never mind having all three at the same time! Is she home now or still in?

She's home now, but still very weak and temperature still yo-yo-ing, when she has her medicine it goes down to about 38C but when it's coming up to the next lot of medicine she's back up to 40C again. She can't swallow very well, and her ear is giving her grief, but there's nothing else they can do unless she gets any worse or it rides itself out. She hasn't eaten anything, but thats because she just throws it back up, so I've been giving her sips of water all day and she has been waking up almost every hour needing something in the night.

I'm going to try and resist, I even gave hubby my bank card so I can't go to the bank or takeaway. I know that if I take it, I'll want it, and you're all right, I probably would regret it in the morning. Fingers crossed that when I get home I won't change my mind and order over the phone (I know my card details of by heart).... Give me strength!

Im going to disagree with the others here. Have your takeaway. You have had a rough few days and need to treat yourself a little bit. As long as you stay on plan for the rest of the week it wont do any harm.

HOWEVER - JUST have the takeaway. Not the chocolate and the pringles too.

If this is a one off treat, and not an excuse for a week long bingeout, it will probably do you good. Even Bob the trainer from the Biggest Loser advocates having a "one off" treat meal of something you really enjoy, once a week.

This is not a life sentence you are part of here, its a life, and sometimes it does you good to have something you want. So have it, have it without guilt and planned for, but do it with full resolve to get straight back on plan tomorrow.

You may find if you go to WI and have a gain it puts you off having the takeaway anyway, but if not, thats what I would do. One meal out of 21 meals will not ruin your week.

i agree with the wise minxy lady!
i find if i crave something but deny myself then i think about it all the more,nothing satisfies me etc.....much better to have it-but on a smaller scale like she says and be satisfies and happy to jump back on plan.

I agree with minx as well. if it were me I would get it out of my system but order a dry or lower fat curry without naan and go without chocs and pringles. once your tum is full, its full. easy to want everything when you have had nothing but once you get a bit of food in you'll get more prespective. If you can resist though, good on ya.

most importantly, i really hope little lady feels better very soon. Im glad she is home. dont forget to look after yourself while you look after her. xxx

Oh what a difficult time you've been having. My daughter is 5 too and the worry when they're poorly is immense. So glad that yours is on the mend now. I'm in the 'get the takeaway' camp. You can get a lower syn curry and a rice and side dish within your syns so just do it and draw a line afterwards. Tomorrow is a new day and with things improving you'll probably kick back into diet mode as your daughter continues to get better. You're so close to target you're not going to blow it now by having one treaty evening (I do it every week!). Hope you get back to normal soon x

Well my hubby took the situation out of my hands... I just got home from WI (lost ½ lb so VERY happy with that) and he's made us a SW fry up, sausage, beans, bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and toast. It's smelling wonderful, so won't be getting the takeaway after all... He's awesome!

So I'm going to have an early night tonight and hope lil madam sleeps through tonight.

I do feel proud... Of my hubby..lol Because I know that I would have wanted it. Of course I go NO sleep last night, so I've still got to get through today without falling off. I ordered some shopping from tesco's last night which is coming today, and ordered some tinned veg and frozen fruit so I can make sure I get my SF even if I don't have the time to prepare fresh veg.

Little one is really struggling today, the ear infection part is causing so much pain, which means it's whinewille here. I do understand and feel bad for her, but no sleep and whining constantly isn't helping. Plus I have the other 2 kids to try and look after...UGH

I know you'll keep me on the staright and narrow though.

Awww hun!! Well done for not giving in!! and bless your husband for taking the dinner stress off your hands!!

Im really sorry you've had no sleep again, you must be feeling so tired, ANOTHER well done for ordering some free foods! xx

Back