expensive quorn!

Kitteh

Resident geek
Anyone found that since the repackaging of quorn its gotten super expensive..?? I use quorn all the time.. I mean quorn mince and pieces i can usually find for cheapish, 2 for 1, £ a bag type of thing.. but all the rest are hellish expensive!

Where do you buy yours from? and do you feel its expensive?
xx

Only tend to buy it when it's on offer. To be honest I do think it's generally quite pricey but can't comment on price rises or smaller packs as haven't been using it long.

I've just been looking on tesco site and it 3 for a fiver.. which is same as most others.. the sausages are 1.50 a pack.. or 3 for a fiver.. lol.. Tesco have a LOT better range like..
Whats the range like in iceland?
xxx

My local Iceland put them back up to £2 a little while ago.

I do find it expensive but a necessary evil as a veggie! However I never really shop at Iceland but there actually one over the road from where I go to my SW group so will have to check out the bargains there next week!

You think it is expensive there !!?? Try buying it here.

I pay 2.50 for the sausages and no offers , ever.

The price of the roast is so prohibitive that I have never bought it and the mince is 4.50 a pack.

Also a really bad range to choose from. Would love to try the peppered steaks and have asked our Iceland to stock them.

I suppose I should not moan at least I can get it. When I first came to live here you could not get any foreign produce at all. We used to plead with visitors to bring over even basic things like teabags and cornflakes, bacon and cheese.

Thats all you can do Sue(fillymum) is get your visitors to bring over Quorn, the roast is really great , so many uses. I always bring someback with me when I return from the UK.

morrisons has the mince on offer for £1 a bag at the moment so i stocked up the other day.i only buy any of it when its on offer.

I'd never tried Quorn until I tried SW , I must say (as a carnivore) that it's not as bad as I thought it would be. But, yes, quite expensive. But then, with most meat being free, I'll probably never try anything ther than the sausages!

I bought the book they have on offer at the moment last week to see if I can get into it a bit more....I shall share my thoughts when it arrives.

Back