Extra Easy & Breastfeeding

ThinLizzy

Wants to be a yummy mummy
Hi All

Day one of EE here and loving it.

In the Breastfeeding Booklet it says I should be having an additional 4 HE's a day.
This seems a hell of a lot to me.
Soooo if I have these that will be 6 HE's on EE plan.
Do you think this is right? I dont want to not lose, but I dont want my milk to be affected.
But having said that, even 2 HE A choices is more milk and cheese than I was having before.
I am tempted to just stick to one HexB and 2 HexA, meaning that I am just having one extra as opposed to 4! What do you think?

i have just found out that it is different on the EE plan and you only have the one HEXB and 2 HEXA. thats what I was planning on having anyway!

Hi
i am a midwife and a health visitor. You need approximately an extra 500 calories a day during the first few months of breast feeding Careful with adding too much dairy to your diet because some babies find it difficult to tolerate the milk lactose and end end up with tummy pain and cry in the evenings more than usual. It is a myth that you need to drink cows milk to produce human milk. You need a healthy varied diet which is exactly what slimming world is. Good luck and any questions don't hesitate to get back to me.xx (X) for baby Elsie xx

Hi there

Im a midwife too *waves*, i dieted whilst breast feeding (although it was a diffrent plan) and tbh i never increased my allowance and my milk supply didnt suffer.

As long as you are eating a healthy balanced diet i wouldnt stress too much over eating your extra HE's... and 4 does seem alot. Its very unlikely to affect your milk supply if you are established with your breastfeeding... look at all these women in 3rd world countries... their diets are appauling yet they manage to BF for extended periods :)

look at all these women in 3rd world countries... their diets are appauling yet they manage to BF for extended periods :)
Waves back * I use this same example lots of times for despondant breast feeders. xxxx

Back