Extra Easy chicken noodle soup

ChubLock

Silver Member
How can I make it taste a little less....BLAND! I've made it twice now and it just tastes of nothing-ness. What can I add to make it a bit more exciting? Chilli maybe? I will eat it cos it's a low fat food and if I don't it'll be £3 of diced chicken gone to waste. Just a shame it doesn't taste very nice.

eassy garlic, salt, pepper, garlic pepper, chilliei only ever use the left over chicken to make it:)

I buy those little knorr chicken stock pots - like jelly and you get 8 - make soup really tasty x

i fry off some carrots and leek in frylight. Let them simmer in the chicken stock for a while and add garlic. boil the chicken and some chestnut mushrooms in the stock for 7 mins, take them out and slice up the chicken. Cook the noodles in the stock then serve placing the chicken and mushrooms on top. some light soy sauce and garnish with some thin lengths of spring onion.

It's an old ramen recipe that I used to make, but I made it SW friendly :)
Still tastes just as good

Ooh, cocoa fiend that sounds really good. I hadn't thought of making my own noodle soup. I keep meaning to make some soups but haven't gone round to it yet, I have to get used to the idea that I can't have a big chunk of crusty bread with it :(

I always use the chicken thighs for mine cause they carry more flavour, but I guess thats not much use to you, could you not do soething you know you will enjoy with the chicken instead stir fry or curry or something?

Back