Extra Easy Chicken Pie & Chciken Kievs

LeaO

Hi everyone :)

Started SW again today and feeling very positive. I was just wondering if any of you lovely people had a nice Extra Easy SW recipe for a chicken pie? I love pastry and would happily make my own pies to cut down on syns.

Thanks xx

Unfortunately its the pastry thats the synful bit. :( There are loads of recipes for SW pie but they usually involve replacing the pastry with a potato/swede topping or using a really thin bit of pastry on top and synning it (a bit off puff pastry on top only, or some scrunched up filo or something).

Theres no way around pastry, its just extortionate in syns so if you want *proper* pie youre better off saving up some syns and having a small portion or something. All the pie innards can be made virtually syn free, its just the damn pastry :(

Here we go, I found this one:

Serves 4 @ 5.5 syns each on EE/Red

Ingredients:
- Fry Light
- 400g beef steaks, all fat removed
- 200g kidneys, chopped
- 1 onion, halved & sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 200g green beans cut into 1 unch pieces
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 handfuls parsley, finely chopped
- 710ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp beef stock concentrate
- 113g puff pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten

Method:
- Cook steaks in Fry Light for 4-5min on high
- Cut into 1 inch pieces and retyurn to pan
- Add kidneys and stir fry for 4-5 min until browned
- Add onion, carrot, beans, W sauce, parsley, stock and concentrate, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 1h until sauce thick and meat tender
- Remove from heat, divide meat mix and sauce into 4 pie dishes about 12cm diameter
- Preheat oven to 220C
- Roll out pastry and cut into 4 lids, score with a knife to create a lattice pattern and brush with egg
- Place pastry lid on top of each dish and bake for 15-20min until risen & golden

Back