Extra Easy Extra easy chilli

Hi,
I'm just starting out with SW & am trying the Extra Easy plan.
Tonight I made a chilli & jacket potato. I grated carrot & courgette into the mince & added mushrooms, garlic & onions. Are these vegetables enough for the 1/3 rule? Or should I have had a salad or veg?

Daisylilymama said:
Hi,
I'm just starting out with SW & am trying the Extra Easy plan.
Tonight I made a chilli & jacket potato. I grated carrot & courgette into the mince & added mushrooms, garlic & onions. Are these vegetables enough for the 1/3 rule? Or should I have had a salad or veg?

As long as 1/3 of the portion of food was superfree then yes it's fine. :)

You could try adding some red & yellow peppers, cut them up tiny! Some celery aswell, anything that'll help bulk it up and yeah if you can eat a salad with it that would all help :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Daisylilymama said:
Brilliant! I forgot, there was a red pepper in there too.
Thanks so much for the quick answers, I'm so glad I found this site x

I also add a tin of baked beans......it adds so much flavour to the chilli and beans are ss so it's all good!

vanilla_cupcake said:
I also add a tin of baked beans......it adds so much flavour to the chilli and beans are ss so it's all good!

Yeah just be careful though as although tinned baked beans are superspeed they are not super free and as the original poster is relatively new to this she might get confused. X

BeckyBunny said:
Yeah just be careful though as although tinned baked beans are superspeed they are not super free and as the original poster is relatively new to this she might get confused. X

I didn't say they were superfree, she is doing EE and they are free on that, I don't understand what your post is getting at :confused: am I not allowed to give advice incase someone gets confused?

I'm still quite new to sw myself and admit to getting confused with superfree/ superspeed at first too, so get what bevkybunny Is saying :)

Vanilla cupcake, you offer good advice- beans in chilli are yummy and getting in more ss is always a good thing :)

To the original poster- when I'm making a dish and the 1/3 sf is included in the dish itself( like with your chilli) I always lay out all the raw ingredients first before putting it all in a pan, thst way I know for sure my sf is 1/3. Hope that makes sense- good luck xx

vanilla_cupcake said:
I didn't say they were superfree, she is doing EE and they are free on that, I don't understand what your post is getting at :confused: am I not allowed to give advice incase someone gets confused?

Well surely its better not to confuse people?
People are always getting the 2 confused hun, especially when they are new - so much to get your head around. i think all she was saying was that the OP was asking about superfree so superspeed advice might be confusing.

For clarity to the OP - superfree foods should fill 1/3rd of your plate. Superspeed foods will boost your weight loss but may not necessarily be superfree as well. In your book thry have a SS symbol next to them.

Op - its leas to do with the variety of superfree in your meal ( though variety is definitely good), but the amount of them you put in. I put 2 peppers, 2 onions, & tinned tomatoes in my chilli, which is prob enough superfree. Then i have broccoli as a side just to be safe -.a batch of chili therefore goes much further now so my food bill is lower. Added bonus :)

Holy Jesus, forget about me telling you to add beans, it's obviously causing far too much confusion!!!!!!!

I can't believe me telling someone to add beans has caused this :confused:

I can't believe you are getting all bent out of shape about it hun. Putting beans in is a great idea - all that is being said is that new people may get confused between superspeed & superfree - i know i certainly did at first.

kingleds said:
I can't believe you are getting all bent out of shape about it hun. Putting beans in is a great idea - all that is being said is that new people may get confused between superspeed & superfree - i know i certainly did at first.

I understand that and I did too but if the OP gets confused then surely she needs to learn more about the difference between ss and sf! When I started I was eating sweetcorn thinking it was ok when I learned it wasn't a sf I made sure I knew exactly what was sf and what wasn't

Also you are all going on as if the OP doesn't know the difference between sf and ss, if I've confused her she can let me know and I will gladly explain the difference :)

hun - why so defensive?? If you are going to introduce a concept into a thread which you know is commonly misunderstood it just makes sense to explain it a bit - and whilst the OP might understand it, she's not the only one reading the thread & others could easily be confused.

Honestly why do people get so defensive for no reason on here?

vanilla_cupcake said:
I'm done with this thread

Why? Because someone commented on what you said? Did i stumble onto the toddlers forum by accident?

vanilla_cupcake said:
I'm done with this thread

Wow. Clearly I've rubbed someone up the wrong way! I was simply trying to make sure that the OP wasn't confused between the two foods. She had asked for advice and suggestions for superfree options and I thought chucking in a comment about baked beans might lead to her thinking they were superfree?! I was trying to be helpful but I guess some people just take things VERY personally!

Back