extra easy help please, im new :-)

GemmaB1984

im planning on having a risotto tonight with chicken, peas and 2 types of mushroom

the peas im having are Birds Eye frozen garden peas and the mushrooms are shitake and oyster

can someone tell me on EE if that will be enough free food on my plate or will i need xtra veg? x

you'll need more superfree veggies, you could have some steamed veg on the side

In case you weren't sure peas aren't superfree food. They're free on a green day though.

Hi Gemma, on EE peas are free but they are not superfree. For EE you need to have one third of your plate taken up with superfree vegetables - check your book for which are free and which are superfree

Yes, green beans, broccoli and mushrooms are superfree.

This is also my first day and doing EE ......was gonna have jacket spud and b beans for tea.......dunno what else to have with it.......must read through my book.....lol

I'm new as well Gemma and am still getting to grips with it:confused: My first WI is tomorrow. We're having cod, SW chips and peas followed by a meringue nest, rasberries and a muller light thrown on. I know there's not enough super free foods but I don't like any other veg with fish apart from peas:eek:

Hi Gemma.

You'll get the hang of it, add onions, spring onions to your risotto as well, that'll help, Brocoli and green beans on the side is a good mix anyway with risotto. Another trick is with your EE meals, is if.. you don't feel like you are eating enough veggies in your meal, then eat SF fruit straight aftr that meal, ie.. have it on stand by so that you are eating it in the same sitting and it digests at the same time. It works for me and my Consultant says this is fine..

Hope its yummy :). Any help you need come and give us a yell. Always happy to help x

I'm new as well Gemma and am still getting to grips with it:confused: My first WI is tomorrow. We're having cod, SW chips and peas followed by a meringue nest, rasberries and a muller light thrown on. I know there's not enough super free foods but I don't like any other veg with fish apart from peas:eek:

You could start with a nice plate of mixed superfree salad items or have this on the side. It is imortant to have those as part of your meal on EE - I have made this mistake before and it has slowed my losses in the past. :rolleyes:

Good luck, the free/superfree malarky can take a while to get your head round

Easy way to remember it is superfree is all fruit/veg EXCEPT peas parsnips potatoes and sweetcorn

Back