Extra Easy: Help with fish pls!

missgalaxy

Yummy Mummy! xx
I've got some lovely cod fillets and I fancy making fish and chips SW style. How do I make a nice coating for the fish without using bread as I used my HEXB for cereal this morning? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! X

There is a recipe using eggs to make the coating. You whisk the egg white and then fold in the whisked yolk. Season. Then combine by folding into each other and spoon onto the fish and bake in the oven x

There is a recipe using eggs to make the coating. You whisk the egg white and then fold in the whisked yolk. Season. Then combine by folding into each other and spoon onto the fish and bake in the oven x

That's great thank you! Will be giving this a go for dinner with SW chips and veg x

a few people i know dip in egg then cover in cous cous or smash, not sure if this is classed as a tweak though or you could use a heb of bread to make breadcrumbs xxx

I did this tonight and it wasn't crispy at all- almost like a chewy omelette coating! Disappointed as I'm not really a fish person anyway so was being brave and trying it lol. The picture of the SW one looks really good I just didn't get any crunch. Will either use seasoned smash/ cous cous hot hex b breadcrumbs next time

Paxo do a tub of breadcrumbs that aren't many syns. Not sure on the actual value. Do you use fresh cod or frozen? I stock up on frozen as cheaper and never know what to do with it x

Back