Extra Easy: Noodles

Catlouise83

Hi all, u know the chow mein u get from the chinese, which noodles can u use that are free?

I used the ones in the chilled area next to the beansprouts - but I dont think these are free ?!?

Which ones are free but have the same taste/texture as these ones

Thankyou

Re: Noodles

These are the type of ones I used, these arnt free are they? Does anyone know how many syns?

Which ones should I go for? Thankyou :)

Attachments

• 1374956405360.jpg
    1374956405360.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 215
Its only dried noodles that are free sorry. Fresh noodles like these are synned because they have oil in them to stop them sticking together :(

Thanks patchwork, I thought too good to be true, which ones would be free then?

Where in the supermarket woukd I find them, ive only seen the ones that have the sachets of powder in to give flavour

Any of the plain dried one like sharwoods, blue dragon or all the supermarkets do their own version. They are usually found beside the other chinese foods xx

Thankyou both for your replies, ill be shopping tomorrow for the dried variety :)

Beware of the dried instant noodles as sometimes these are fried in palm oil and they have syn values, often surprisingly high. If in doubt check the ingredients for palm oil before you buy.

Not all fresh noodles are oil coated, but the stirfry ones usually in the veg section of supermarkets regularly are.

The oil-free fresh noodles are a bit of a grey area really as the only extra ingredient to dried noodles is water, and you add that when you cook them anyway. Every time I ask a consultant they never say anything remotely convincing.

Back