Student Midwife Slimdown

Letsbefit

Hello! I have been reading some of the diaries here and they are very inspiring! I started my exante products on Saturday and plan on weighing in weekly on a Saturday morning.

I am 13st 9.8lb starting weight and I want to see how much I lose in four weeks before moving forward deciding whether to continue exante for longer or switch to plant based diet. I will see how I get on. But for the foreseeable I am definitely here to see the four weeks out!

I am on four products a day. Plus I am having a packet of slim noodles or rice for 18 extra cals. I will use these with my evening product as I ordered quite a few savoury 'tea/dinner' type meals to kid myself I'm having something proper 😂

So far so good. It's so strange how I've not had cravings or desperate hunger. I've not felt bad at all so far if I am honest. Just got a bit of a dodgy tum but these slim noodles have fibre in so fingers crossed they will help me go 🤞🙏😂

I've been drinking plenty too, around three litres including water, herbal teas, coffee and normal tea. I use almond milk with these instead of cows milk 🥛

I make my shakes with an extra 100ml water too as I don't like them too thick! I've not actually found a product I don't like so far but I'm not a fussy eater 😂 I think visualising my weight loss helps to make them taste better 😋😜

Anyway, here I am, thankyou all for being inspirations and I hope I am as successful as you guys, you're doing fabulous ❤️

Hiya! So good so far thankyou. I am doing the exante 800 plan 😁 enjoying the meals and it helps that I have a slim rice or slim pasta with my tea time product lol. Drinking a LOT of water. Today is day 7 so tomorrow is weigh in day.

Sleep has been a bit rubbish, not sure if that's my body adjusting or something but last night was much better and I feel like a new woman today 🤣

Tomorrow I am going to introduce some walking as I'm sure my body is adjusted by now! Actually excited for weigh in tomorrow, any other diets and I dread it haha.

❤️

Which rice or pasta brands do you use? Are they the ones in the exante book? I keep forgetting am allowed those!!
Glad you’re still alright and enjoying it so far :)

good luck with your weigh day!!

Which rice or pasta brands do you use? Are they the ones in the exante book? I keep forgetting am allowed those!!
Glad you’re still alright and enjoying it so far :)

good luck with your weigh day!!
I use the eat water ones. They are 18cals for the full pack 😁 thankyou 🤩

Today I had

🌸 strawberry shake for breakfast
🌸 jam and yogurt bar for lunch
🌸 bean chilli for tea with the slim rice.

Liquids -

6 x 500ml water with tiny bit of sugar free squash to take the edge off the plain taste.

2 x coffee
2 x tea
1 x pepperment tea

Ive just realised I should still have one more product but don't fancy anything this late! I'm sure it won't hurt once but I won't make a habit of missing a product ❤️

Feelings - felt like I was obsessing for an hour searching recipes to cook when I am eating food meals again 😂 felt energised and done a good portion of a uni assignment and fingers crossed I can feel myself gradually winding down to sleep later. Might have a pukka night time blend to help me sleep. Apparently bad sleep can be detrimental to weight loss and we don't want that now do we 😣😂

4lb off! I don't know why but I feel really disappointed with that for my first week? I have not been as active though due to a uni deadline coming up but from today I am aiming for 10k steps a day gradually building up each week until I am doing 15k a day. Perhaps that will help. I am definitely not giving up anyway 😁

4lbs is good!!! thats four of these... loads!!!
Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 12.03.15.png

Well done!! :)

Sometimes if you do too much exercise on a VLCD it can be too much and you wont lose but you might actually harm your body in doing so... you wont be consuming enough calories to burn lots... 800 is the bare minimum anyone is legally allowed to market and thats with gentle walks. Pushing yourself isnt a great idea on VLCD and might slow losses even more or lead to health probs. You will make your own choices, but just wanted to share the info with you!!! If you're really not happy with your losses you could drop the milk and the noodles/pasta and up the water over the other drinks? How much milk do you have? Alternatively you might just need 3 products and a meal, people all respond differently!! Where I am in my menstrual cycle hugely affects my losses too. You definitely shoulnd't give up, youve had a great loss and been really committed. But dont push yourself... if you burn more calories than your body can cosume from fat, youve only got lean tissue left to burn...x

Ah this all makes perfect sense! When you look at it your way it's actually not so bad at all and all the lbs lost will eventually add up.

I have been adding anything I have into mfp including my oat and almond milk and I was averaging 1000 cals per day so these extra rice packets and extra milks add up!

Think I will rein the milk in a little and maybe have a rice every other day and see how I get on. Maybe sneak an extra litre of water in a day.

Definitely not giving up though as I am determined to see at least these four weeks through. I want to feel confident giving pregnant ladies public health advice rather than me sat there over weight condradicting myself. If you understand that? That's my drive as I cringe atm giving health related advice when I'm not exactly a healthy weight myself 🙄😣😂

Thankyou ❤️

Yeah I’d deffo cut out the milk. I buy an extra vanilla shake and use a bit of it in cold water to make ‘milk’ for when I really feel like I want milk. If you’re gonna exercise I’d keep higher calories but it’s the carbs you really want to watch as they’ll keep you out of ketosis, especially with 4 products too :) these kinda diets average a stone a month loss generally so you’re well on track for that :)

Update - I had my hair done Saturday and that made me feel good about myself after being disappointed with my 4lb loss.

Still on track and I am still enjoying exante, well, as much as you can. The evidence of quick losses are what's keeping me going and 'enjoying' this diet 😂💯

My favourite products so far are the shakes, really love them! Considering I'm usually a savoury person. But the savoury packs for my evening meal are keeping me sane I think, still having my slim rice each day as I think I'd end up bingeing if I didn't have that to keep me ticking over.

My goal for this week is 3lb off so I've lost 1/2 a stone in two weeks and with a sneak peek I'm well on the way for that on Saturday morning. Excited 😊😄

Hi
How are you doing? Have you stuck out the four weeks?
I’m (technically) a student midwife, too, but currently on interruption due to ill health over Christmas and into January. Too ill for placement or lectures 😥
Have jumped back onto Exante on Saturday so currently day three and my tummy isn’t happy 🙄
What year of study are you on?

Back