extra easy problem

warnawoo

cam someone please explain how ive followed the extra easy plan to the book for 1 month and actually gained 7lb?????????????? im wondering if its all the pasta and rice too many carbs maybe as i used to only follow red days would apreciate some advice before i quit x
:cry::cry::cry:

Are you sure you are following it to the letter? Do you have your third superfree at each meal and in what form? If you are getting your superfree foods in then the carb portions should not be an issue. Do you have a food diary on here? If not, it would be worth keeping one showing what you are eating and how much.

I know carbs shouldn't affect you, but I know that even if I follow it to the letter if I have too much carbs I struggle to lose. I know I am not the only one this happens to on Minimins, as I have had discussions about it.

So if you think that the carbs might be affecting you, reduce them.

I still mostly follow EE but for pasta I only have 75g. I try to where possible change normal potatoes for sweet potatoes as their higher in fibre.

Also I did an experiment , and changed most of my white carbs (except rice) to brown, and this did make a massive change to my weight loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know carbs shouldn't affect you, but I know that even if I follow it to the letter if I have too much carbs I struggle to lose. I know I am not the only one this happens to on Minimins, as I have had discussions about it.

So if you think that the carbs might be affecting you, reduce them.

I still mostly follow EE but for pasta I only have 75g. I try to where possible change normal potatoes for sweet potatoes as their higher in fibre.

Also I did an experiment , and changed most of my white carbs (except rice) to brown, and this did make a massive change to my weight loss.

Yeah me too, I dont lose so well if I have a lot of potatoes. I only let myself have SW chips once a week as I like at least half a plateful. Usually I have rice only once a week too with my curry, though I dont have so much trouble with that as I do potatoes.

Funnily enough Id not thought that about sweet potatoes, but Ive been having them about 2-3 times a week recently and have lost alright... maybe its what I have them with too, if I was doing SW chips I seriously would fill *at least* half my plate chocka with them but sweet potatoes I have with salads and stuff and have less of them.

I've just weighed tonights sweet potatoes, its 275g which is way, way less than I would have of normal potatoes which is reckon is probably 3 times that.

Try posting a food diary and keep an eye on your syns. Also, if you go to classes check with your consultant! :)

don't give up! it does really work, but you have to be really careful with your syns and superfree foods, make sure that they take up a third of your plate. I would definitely recommend the food diary, i know that if i get lazy and don't do my diary i don't loose, as i start to cheat! Make sure you write it down as soon after it's gone in your mouth, as it's easy to forget. Also measuring, measure all you HXs and syns. it's easy to go over board.

I struggle with EE as I don't eat fruit so can only follow if I have a cooked breakfast. I struggle with snacks as well, but I digress. If you feel that EE it isn't working for you there is nothing to stop you going back to good old red and green days. Don't give up over a slight glitch.

Could I add something to this discussion please. I have done SW before when it was only red or green and lost loads, this time they have introduced EE and I thought I was in heaven. I followed it religiously but at the most only half a pound a week, took me 12 weeks to lose 6lb. Discussed with consulant and she just said to persevere. Now I am not suggesting that you are all as old as me (lol) but having spoken to my doctor he says that my low oestrogen levels will have something to do with not being able to lose weight so I have to get that sorted first.

I've swopped from EE to a red day today for the first time in two months and have found it much easier to follow. I think you should go back to doing what you understood and felt comfortable with!

warnawoo said:
cam someone please explain how ive followed the extra easy plan to the book for 1 month and actually gained 7lb?????????????? im wondering if its all the pasta and rice too many carbs maybe as i used to only follow red days would apreciate some advice before i quit x
:cry::cry::cry:

When I do EE, I always put on weight, so I just stick to green and original days, as they work for me. From advice I have received on this site, if you follow EE, it is important to make sure that you have 1/3 of your meals as super free food at every meal and eat only super free foods in between. Hope this helps, and if you can't manage it, swop onto green and original days. Don't give up yet!!! It does work, you just have to stick with it. Good luck :) xx

can you mix your week up, say 1 day of EE, 1 off green and 1 off red or do you have to have it a week of each?

sorry trying this at home alone so bit unsure,

can you mix your week up, say 1 day of EE, 1 off green and 1 off red or do you have to have it a week of each?

sorry trying this at home alone so bit unsure,

I am pretty new to SW but as far as I know you can swap and change which kind of day you have, I even think you can change it for each meal (I'm sure I've read that somewhere).

I have been doing EE for 4 weeks and have lost 4lb, 3lb lost in the first week, 1lb 2nd wk, put a 1lb on 3rd wk and lost a 1lb 4th wk. Feel like I am just finding my feet with it. I try not to eat too much bread if any, and take it easy on the potatoes, pasta and rice. I seem to eat so much superfood yet my weight is coming off slowly so I guess it just works differently for everyone

I've only done EE days since January and have lost 58lbs. It does work but just to mirror what everyone's said - you MUST have that third at every meal. I make sure i balance everything i eat with a third superfree - for example if i have a mid afternoon snack of a mug shot - i have an orange with it ... etc ..

I really struggle with EE and I simply cannot fill 1/3 of my plate with superfree - I just don't eat it, I push it around my plate. I am going to try and do a mixture of days a week, 2 EE, 2 Green and 3 Red and do my EE on days I know I might be going out for dinner or will struggle to stick to a red/green as it's more flexible.

I've found my loss on EE pretty slow but my friend has lost 3.5lbs in 3 weeks, whereas I'm maybe on 2lbs in 3 weeks.

x

I don't really enjoy EE. Prefer a mix of red and green days. Think that if I tried EE I wouldn't lose as I'm a greedy guts.

Miss D said:
I don't really enjoy EE. Prefer a mix of red and green days. Think that if I tried EE I wouldn't lose as I'm a greedy guts.

Hey I don't really understand how this wouldn't hinder your loss on The other days of the plan too?? If you are naturally an over eater (like me) it wouldnt matter what plan you were doing as you would have to learn to listen to when you were full. I find, having done some green days recently that I eat far healthier on EE. I've had good losses eating till
I'm full on large pasta and rice salads etc I think the 3rd superfree naturally limits your intake which is pretty nifty and has totally worked for me! As far as snacking goes it is recommended that superfree is your first choice! Again I find having some fruit a realt good idea for a snack but if I've walked past the fridge and felt hungry I've helped myself to a chicken leg, ham roll up with cottage cheese etc! (if you look at the suggested plan online it includes all of these) I realy do think if anyone's interested in the plan but worried about the 3rd superfree they should ask around on here and try it! It's not as daunting as it sounds. (you can pack a spaghetti Bol full of The stuff and barely notice etc)!

Sorry realise this has turned into a but of an EE promo (no ones paying me :) ) I just thought it was getting a bit if bad press!

I'm sorry you have put on 7lbs following the plan-Do you keep a food diary? Xxx

Hey I don't really understand how this wouldn't hinder your loss on The other days of the plan too?? If you are naturally an over eater (like me) it wouldnt matter what plan you were doing as you would have to learn to listen to when you were full. I find, having done some green days recently that I eat far healthier on EE. I've had good losses eating till
I'm full on large pasta and rice salads etc I think the 3rd superfree naturally limits your intake which is pretty nifty and has totally worked for me! As far as snacking goes it is recommended that superfree is your first choice! Again I find having some fruit a realt good idea for a snack but if I've walked past the fridge and felt hungry I've helped myself to a chicken leg, ham roll up with cottage cheese etc! (if you look at the suggested plan online it includes all of these) I realy do think if anyone's interested in the plan but worried about the 3rd superfree they should ask around on here and try it! It's not as daunting as it sounds. (you can pack a spaghetti Bol full of The stuff and barely notice etc)!

Sorry realise this has turned into a but of an EE promo (no ones paying me :) ) I just thought it was getting a bit if bad press!

I'm sorry you have put on 7lbs following the plan-Do you keep a food diary? Xxx

I am just getting to grips with EE, 1/3 superfree does seem daunting but as you say if you make a spag bol, soup, casserole etc.. you don't really notice that you are having a 1/3. I am lucky as I love fruit, veg and salad so it isn't a prob for me but for someone who doesn't like them, then I guess EE isn't for them

Shellywelly68 said:
I am just getting to grips with EE, 1/3 superfree does seem daunting but as you say if you make a spag bol, soup, casserole etc.. you don't really notice that you are having a 1/3. I am lucky as I love fruit, veg and salad so it isn't a prob for me but for someone who doesn't like them, then I guess EE isn't for them

Hey yeah I guess if you don't like fruit and veg then you would find it tricky. But then again everyone should be aiming for a healthy diet rich in these foods anyway I guess! X

"I am pretty new to SW but as far as I know you can swap and change which kind of day you have, I even think you can change it for each meal (I'm sure I've read that somewhere)".

I thought you had to stick to whichever (red, green EE) for the whole day and therefore not change for different meals on the same day?

Back