Extra Easy-Snacking .. again! :o)

shannonbitzy

Hi Everyone
I have just found out today that you can't snack on red/ green free foods, snacks have to be superfree/neutral foods such as fruit, eggs, veg that is free on both diets such as carrots, broccoli etc. I did ask my consultant and she said yes you could snack on red/green foods but ive been told today that this isnt the case. I think the booklet that was given out is very misleading though as it does say on page 4 of the leaflet ' on these pages is a list of all the foods you can enjoy freely .. just tuck in ANYTIME, ANYWHERE , as far as I can see.. nowhere in the leaflet does it say that the red/green foods have to be eaten at meal times only. I don't really mind much as it is still a very good plan , but I do think the booklet isnt very clear.

ooh thats the first ive heard of that,very interesting. I think the whole handling of the plan has been a sham

So you can only snack on super free foods?

Hi Everyone
I have just found out today that you can't snack on red/ green free foods, snacks have to be superfree/neutral foods such as fruit, eggs, veg that is free on both diets such as carrots, broccoli etc. I did ask my consultant and she said yes you could snack on red/green foods but ive been told today that this isnt the case. I think the booklet that was given out is very misleading though as it does say on page 4 of the leaflet ' on these pages is a list of all the foods you can enjoy freely .. just tuck in ANYTIME, ANYWHERE , as far as I can see.. nowhere in the leaflet does it say that the red/green foods have to be eaten at meal times only. I don't really mind much as it is still a very good plan , but I do think the booklet isnt very clear.

Maybe your consulatnt has got it wrong. Most people seem to have been told snacking on free food is OK.

Totally agree the whole launch has been a bit of a farce!

Just come back from WI and my SWC went through the plan and she said that you can snack on free food from both days. Like I have said before, I find that I dont need to snack as I am fulfilled enough on EE. You could always use you HEXA and B for snacks. Also, I would just suggest that we try it for a week and see what the losses are. Then you can make up your mind if the plan is for you or not.

You could also try having 6 small meals throughout the day. This is good for the metabolism too.

Hi Ladies
Well ,I phoned my consultant over the weekend and she told me that I could snack on red/green foods, but my sister goes to a different slimming world class to me as she cant make the class I go to and when she asked her today , she said no you cant.. and to clear it up just to make sure.. she phoned head office apparently and asked them and they said no, only snack on the foods on the orange pages that have a star at the top of the list , like the meat replacements, superfree favourites, fabulous fruit, eggs, drinks etc ( i hope this makes sense to the people who have the leaflet) This is just what i've been told today though so it might still be wrong , but my sister seemed sure that her consultant contacted slimming world head office to clear it up!

where can i get an example of a weeks diet using red and green days as i cant afford to go sw yet and i dont know what to eat in a day

i was told any free to the superfoods one is one one of other plans i thought gonna hunt website now will be back

It is very badly organised though if different consultants are saying differnet things, I would love to know once and for all if I can snack on meat, potatoes etc, as someone else said you do get full on EE so the need to snack isnt there so much , but still want to know if it is ok to do so.

found this on the site
Joanna Gardiner - 02 January 2009, 14:28
Hi there, The new plan looks great and as a target member it will be good to have something new to try. Just one question - what foods are you allowed to snack on?

Slimming World
Hi Joanna. The beauty of Extra Easy is that you can snack on whatever you like - just like our Green and Original choices -with the added bonus of all that extra Free Food! Make Free and Superfree Food your priority for best weight losses, then Healthy Extras (if you're not enjoying them as part of your meals), and keep enjoying your 5-15 Syns each day for whatever you fancy!

Yes, I think so.

I have just emailed SW and I am waiting to see what they say about snacking. As soon as I hear from them, I will let you know.

menu-ee-day1.gif
Fruity porridge:
Make a bowl of porridge using 28g/1oz porridge oats and milk from your allowance (250ml semi-skimmed or 350ml skimmed). Top with loads of sliced banana and fresh chopped apricots and tuck in. Follow with peppered grilled mackerel fillets or heaps of lean grilled bacon with poached eggs (enjoy some brown sauce or tomato ketchup on the side, if you fancy: 1 Syn per level tablespoon).

Jacket with beans and coleslaw:
Split a large baked potato (or two!) and spoon oodles of baked beans in tomato sauce over the top. Make up a delicious side of coleslaw by mixing shredded white cabbage, carrot, celery and slivers of red onion with very low fat fromage frais and mustard powder. Enjoy chopped fresh fruit for dessert, topped with a generous dollop of very low-fat natural yogurt!

Spaghetti Bolognese:
Top a mound of cooked spaghetti with lashings of rich Bolognese, made by frying an onion in Fry Light, adding extra lean mince, chopped tomatoes, chopped or grated carrot, celery, crushed garlic and dried oregano, seasoning with salt and black pepper and simmering for 10-15 minutes.

breakfast
lunch
dinner

snacks- wherever, whenever and however much you like!

Thats from the website 7 day planner, it gives examples like fish sticks, fruit (ones that aren't superfree) so from their menu it seems you're not lmt to suprefree but anything free

It is confusing - it gives the impression that it's only fruit/veg and the free dairy/quorn stuff is the ones alright for snacking in the magazine and in that free booklet that came with the news of the world yesterday - it only has those or synned stuff as snacks during the day *shrugs* do most people not eat the amounts suggested in the magazines? lol

Hi Folks
Im really really confused now and feel awful for posting that info on here , and now ive seen the question on sliiming world for myself which says you can snack on red/green stuff. I am going to phone slimming world myself tomorrow and try and get to the bottom of it .
sorry ladies if ive confused you all
xx

LMAO! Tis all fun :)
x

Back