Extra Easy Soup Query?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Anna_Claire, 11 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,

I have a quick query which I'm hoping someone can answer?
    I'm following EE which allows me one hexb a day and for my lunch I have had a Baxters Healthy Minestrone soup which in my book says it should be a hexb but why when I make a soup at home with for example - wholemeal pasta, veg and some stock is it classed as free food?

I'm still fairly new at this so just want to make sure I'm following the plan correctly.

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yes that would be free. Always best to make your own soup - so much nicer too!

4. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Jaylou, but what is the nutirtional difference between the tinned and the home made to make one a healthy extra and one a free option?

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I have no idea as I don't eat tinned soups but I guess there will be more ingredients than veg, meat and pasta. Probably some sort of thickener in there and oils? I don't know for certain.

6. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're proberly right :) just it's a lot easier opening a tin!
    Thanks x

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Read the label! Bet it has oil in it for a start! And tomato puree, perhaps?

I always keep one tin of soup in the cupboard for emergencies - the one I have now is Baxters Healthy Choice Chunky Carrot, Bean and Quinoa.

As well as all the obviously free ingredients, look what else is lurking in there:

cornflour
    double cream
    tomato paste
    honey
    sugar

Which is why it is 10 syns for the can!! It is absolutely delicious, and I will definitely be eating it one day (its best before date is the middle of next year), but personally I would much prefer to be making free soups and using my syns on chocolate!!

jaylou likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.