Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Extra Easy Soup Query?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Anna_Claire, 11 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi All,

I have a quick query which I'm hoping someone can answer?
    I'm following EE which allows me one hexb a day and for my lunch I have had a Baxters Healthy Minestrone soup which in my book says it should be a hexb but why when I make a soup at home with for example - wholemeal pasta, veg and some stock is it classed as free food?

I'm still fairly new at this so just want to make sure I'm following the plan correctly.

Thanks x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Yes that would be free. Always best to make your own soup - so much nicer too!

4. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Jaylou, but what is the nutirtional difference between the tinned and the home made to make one a healthy extra and one a free option?

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I have no idea as I don't eat tinned soups but I guess there will be more ingredients than veg, meat and pasta. Probably some sort of thickener in there and oils? I don't know for certain.

6. Anna_Claire

Anna_Claire Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st10lb(6.06%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You're proberly right :) just it's a lot easier opening a tin!
    Thanks x

7. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Read the label! Bet it has oil in it for a start! And tomato puree, perhaps?

I always keep one tin of soup in the cupboard for emergencies - the one I have now is Baxters Healthy Choice Chunky Carrot, Bean and Quinoa.

As well as all the obviously free ingredients, look what else is lurking in there:

cornflour
    double cream
    tomato paste
    honey
    sugar

Which is why it is 10 syns for the can!! It is absolutely delicious, and I will definitely be eating it one day (its best before date is the middle of next year), but personally I would much prefer to be making free soups and using my syns on chocolate!!

jaylou likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.