Extra Easy Soup Query?

Anna_Claire

Hi All,

I have a quick query which I'm hoping someone can answer?
I'm following EE which allows me one hexb a day and for my lunch I have had a Baxters Healthy Minestrone soup which in my book says it should be a hexb but why when I make a soup at home with for example - wholemeal pasta, veg and some stock is it classed as free food?

I'm still fairly new at this so just want to make sure I'm following the plan correctly.

Thanks x

I have no idea as I don't eat tinned soups but I guess there will be more ingredients than veg, meat and pasta. Probably some sort of thickener in there and oils? I don't know for certain.

Read the label! Bet it has oil in it for a start! And tomato puree, perhaps?

I always keep one tin of soup in the cupboard for emergencies - the one I have now is Baxters Healthy Choice Chunky Carrot, Bean and Quinoa.

As well as all the obviously free ingredients, look what else is lurking in there:

cornflour
double cream
tomato paste
honey
sugar

Which is why it is 10 syns for the can!! It is absolutely delicious, and I will definitely be eating it one day (its best before date is the middle of next year), but personally I would much prefer to be making free soups and using my syns on chocolate!!

Back