Extra Easy: Syns in wine

chrissie2108

Anyone know how many syns in a glass of white wine

Feeling very stressed today think a glass us in order once little ones in bed

Sent from my HTC One using MiniMins.com mobile app

If it helps I like a glass of wine in the evening & have a mid week glass which holds 100mls so works out at 3.5 syns

Hi, sorry to high jack but does anyone know if you use wine in cooking does it have syns then? Like around 200ml. You know the way it burns off?

Sorry if stupid question!

I think that might be wishful thinking NewMe! Cooking wine burns off some the alcohol content, but I don't think it affects the sugar levels - diabetics are advised to avoid alcohol even in cooked meals. Boiling and resting a meal cooked with alcohol will reduce the alcohol levels by around 85% but no cooking method completely "burns off" all the alcohol content (contrary to popular belief!), therefore there is still significant sugar content. As the process is evaporation it would seem logical that alcohol can evaporate but not sugar.

Even if something is slow cooked with alcohol over a number of hours there will still be a residue of about 30 - 40% alcohol. So the long and the short of all that is yes, alcohol should be counted a syn in whatever form.

Last edited:
Thank you ladybird23. I'm thinking about cooking a nice white wine sauce at weekend just want to prepare syns in advance :)

Back