Extra Easy v Red and Green Days

Jane_89

Hello!
I only started slimming world 3 weeks, but I'm not seeing the results I wanted - only a pound a week, which I know is a pound in the right direction - but it feels so disheartening not having bigger loses, but I'm sure I'm not the first to feel like this. I'm currently doing the extra easy plan, but I'm finding it difficult including a 1/3 superfree into my meals. Would the red or green plans suit me better? I'm doing slimming world online, so I never really had the different plans explained to me. Any help would be really appreciated. Trying to shift 3stone of babyweight and with my son now being 4 1/2 months old I feel like I've tried everything, and I've heard such amazing success stories about slimming world, so I know it has to work.

Hello!
I only started slimming world 3 weeks, but I'm not seeing the results I wanted - only a pound a week, which I know is a pound in the right direction - but it feels so disheartening not having bigger loses, but I'm sure I'm not the first to feel like this. I'm currently doing the extra easy plan, but I'm finding it difficult including a 1/3 superfree into my meals. Would the red or green plans suit me better? I'm doing slimming world online, so I never really had the different plans explained to me. Any help would be really appreciated. Trying to shift 3stone of babyweight and with my son now being 4 1/2 months old I feel like I've tried everything, and I've heard such amazing success stories about slimming world, so I know it has to work.

The 1/3 sf Is reccomended on all plans now and it really makes a big diff to weightloss .... That may be what Is slowing things down if your missing it out but a lb a week Is actually a good loss xx when i get to my pc i will send you a link that explains sf really well .... It helped me

The benefits of superfree foods | Slimming Eats - Slimming World Recipes

take a gander at this link hun xxxxx

and remember superfree doesnt have to be boring bland and tasteless

carrots are great sprinkled with cumin
peppers onions courgette and tomatoes are awesome oven roasted with a splash of balsamic sliced garlic cloves s and p and a bit of frylite
stuff peppers with rice mmmmmm
chop veg into curries bolognese etc to bulk it out
fried onions and mushrooms are fab with eggs for brekkie
butternut squash is lovely roasted with curry powder for an interesting side dish
leeks are great sweated down and mixed with hex a dairylea for creamed leeks
greenbeans are nice mixed with a syn free tomato italian pasta sauce
brocoli is lovely steamed then pan fried with garlic and frylite
cauliflower is lovely made into cauliflower cheese using hex a cheese to make a sauce
sprouts and cabbage are great cooked then fried off with lean bacon mmmmmmm
red cabbage is nice sauteed with a little red wine vinegar and sweetener to make braised red cabbage
salad with fat free dressing
fruit salads are good too

as you can see the trick is to make it tasty
hope these ideas help you

i also snack on fruit or have carrot cucumber or pepper sticks with homemade syn free salsa hummus and tatziki

if you want any recipes just let me knowxx

Oh wow, all your ideas/recipes sound amazing! Thank you so much. Going to plan all my meals for the coming week and do the superfree the way you've suggested :) was having salad with almost every meal which was getting very very boring. Xx

Oh wow, all your ideas/recipes sound amazing! Thank you so much. Going to plan all my meals for the coming week and do the superfree the way you've suggested :) was having salad with almost every meal which was getting very very boring. Xx

Ive been on sw a yr and i have found you have to keep it interesting to keep you on the straight and narrow the Times i have fallen off the wagon are Times ive got bored with what im eating

I love my veg,and probably eat more than most folk, but interestingly , hidden away on pg 52 of the FO book it says this, "There is no need to add SF food to Healthy extra meals because there is a control built in, "so you can just have beans on toast, or spag bol, and you don't need to add SF unless you want to.

I remember seeing that and I didn't quite understand what it meant. How is spag bol a healthy extra meal? It doesn't bother me too much because I do green and I also eat plenty of veg but I noticed it in the book and wondered what it meant.

I eat as much veg as I can but tbh I don't stress about it being 1/3. Sometimes SF really doesn't fit with a meal and I won't shoehorn veg in if I don't need to. There is this misconception that 1/3 was a mandatory requirement on EE and it never was, it's just a recommendation. It's important to eat lots of veg of course, and a good variety in general, but I also think that stressing yourself over whether you have eaten exactly 1/3 veg or not is pointless. Just enjoy your food and eat as healthily as you can with a good mix of free foods and veggies. :)

I agree! I guess it's there as a recommendation because there are some people who given the choice wouldn't eat fruit + veg hardly ever but luckily I am not one of them.

Back