Extra Easy v red and green

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Em8888, 19 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Em8888

Em8888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CC
    Hi lovelies,

I'm currently doing the EE plan and although there have been the very occasional naughty day, my weight loss has been a bit slower than I thought for the weight I am.
    I was just wondering whether the EE plan is personally not the one for me, maybe red and green days might agree with me more?
    Has anyone else felt like this and if you do the red and green, what is it like and what days do you do which plan?

Xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    it is truly a case of giving them a go and see what happens. if you're struggling particularly with having the 1/3superfree then it may make sense to swap to red/green. Not every plan suits everyone - i couldn't adapt some of my green day meals into EE easily for example - plus i like the portion control on carbs on red days. That's not to say I don't have EE days - just prefer red/green to EE - it's what worked for me - but may not work for others.

4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st5lb(41.2%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    What sort of losses are you having on EE? Are you making sure you get your superfree foods in at each meal?

5. -Laura-

-Laura- Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(16.35%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree with this. I lose best when I have a mixture of all three plans - maybe three red days, two green and two EE - but it's taken me well over a year to figure that out. Give red/green a go for a week and see what happens!

I would also add though, it looks like your losses are about normal (and recommended!) for SW - 1-2lb a week - although I can appreciate that that's maybe not what you want to hear!!

6. Em8888

Em8888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    CC
    Hehe, well I was at least hoping for a couple more 2lb losses at least, especially at the beginning - but then again I was on Lighter life the week before starting SW so my body was probably adjusting.

Hmmm, I might give it a go next week just to see what it's like and whether I do find it better.

Thanks for the advice xxx

7. Funky_Munky

Funky_Munky Put the kettle on

Start Weight:
    10st12lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Forget about what plan helps you lose weight quickest. The plan that works best is the one you can stick to long term be it ee,red,green or all three. Youll be more likely to stick to it without feeling deprived and lose more/keep it off in the long run.

8. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10.5lb(14.54%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I do a mix of all three plans each week which I really like. I'm doing more EE days during the kids easter hols because it's easier to fit around them when they are at home but normally I do about 4 EE days and 3 red/green days and my losses are pretty good.

9. ***Saskya***

***Saskya*** Full Member

Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World (Green)
    I think its definately a case of trying them all. Im a green girl all the way, I dont really like meat so I only use EE when Im going out. Green works for me because I love the 2 a's and 2 b's and not having to have 1/3 superfree x

10. Lola_Emma

Lola_Emma Member

Extra easy is really working for me at the moment. I have joined slimming world twice previously and only ever used red & green days. Having read through the books properly and this forum Im enjoying EE however at the group meetings everyone talks about how throwing in a red/green day once or twice a week really improves their weightloss and makes them think more greatly about the foods in which they are eating which in turn increases motivation.

Give a red/green day a go and see how you feel! Im going to give it a go next week if I have a poor weightloss this week.

Having read through some other threads Im also having 100% food optimising days where I stick to my syns each day(limiting myself to 10 atm) and eat as much superfree/free food as possible - this has given me the motivation I needed after a couple of naughty meals on Friday/Saturday.

Good luck and keep going!

:) xo

11. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    If you were on lighter life before you started you were lucky not to have a gain on your first couple of weeks and your body really does need time to adjust to the dramatic changes in your eating patterns.
    Having said that i think you need to do whichever plan suits you. I tend to mix them up depending on how i feel on each day. Last week i did 5 EE and 2 Red - week before it was red and green - just take each day as it comes and see what happens. xx

12. Ali*

Ali* Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.01%)
    Diet:
    SW Jan11-Feb12/now CC
    I would recommend having a look through some food diaries and seeing what takes your fancy. You need to be able to enjoy what you are eating ... no point in doing Red days if you really don't like meat :rolleyes:

I tend to have Red days mixed in with EE.

EE suits the family but sometimes I fancy an extra HEB and so have a Red day.

Personally I'm not so keen on Green days as I think I'm a bit carb sensitive :confused:

Good luck with your weight loss hun x

13. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Just see what's right for you. I was having decent losses on EE and then I read that people were having bigger losses on Red, so I switched to that (and partly because I was sometimes struggling with the 1/3 SF) and to be honest my losses slowed, and I think it may be because I'm hungrier on Red days.

Now I do a mixture of them all, just whatever fits in with what I want to eat that day. That's the beauty of SW - you can have whatever you want :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.