extra easy vs green and red

debtdummy

Silver Member
im doing ee and looking at other options because i am curious which is better for me, what choice do u all do ?

so let me get this right, ee u get 15 syns one A and one B

green u get 2A 2B and 15 syn u syn meat
is cereal a B ?

red u get same as green u syn veg?

im doing ee and looking at other options because i am curious which is better for me, what choice do u all do ?

so let me get this right, ee u get 15 syns one A and one B

green u get 2A 2B and 15 syn u syn meat
is cereal a B ?

red u get same as green u syn veg?

On red you syn pasta, rice, potatoes, noodles, beans, lentils, parsnips, sweetcorn.

On green you syn meat/fish

You get up to 15 syns on each plan

You get 2a's and 2b's as per the green book. Remember on green and red your HEx's can also be things like a portion of potatoes on red, or meat/fish on green.

You get

think i will stick to ee , seems all round better for me

I do find losses quicker on Red Days, but after a holiday, EE is easy to get back on track with and losses are good for a while. The rest about the plans have been said, hope you find the plan to suit you, or just mix them? x

I think how you like to use your Healthy Extras is key to deciding which plan to follow.

If you like to use your healthy extras on meat or pasta/potatoes, you were using the HE anyway on that food, so to remove a healthy extra and gain unlimited quantities of the food you enjoy makes sense.

However if you don't miss meat or don't eat much pasta/potatoes, and would prefer to spend your healthy extras on things like cereal, then it seems beneficial to do red or green.

I do mainly green with the odd red day thrown in. I find myself a bit too hungry on a red day. Chop and change and see what works best for you. Nothing says you can't do EE for 6 days and try a green or red in there as a trial! :)

Hi, i am new to the Forum having joined today, only just found it.

I am doing SW EE and having been for the past 6 weeks and have lost just over a stone but lots more to go.

Now about Red, Green and EE.

EE you get 15 syns plus one HEXA and one HEXB
Red you get one HEXA and one HEXB and you syn meat or use your HEXB and 15 syns
Green you get one HEXA and one HEXB and 15 syns, you syn your potatoes, rice or pasta, pulses etc., or use your HEXB
Hope that is right but I am sure some of the more experience amongst us will let you know if I have it wrong!

Just so you know you get 1 or 2 HEX A, and 2 HEX B per day, on both plans see pages 21, 22 and 25, for things that are HEX's on RED, GREEN and EE.

On red meat is free, eat freely from foods listed on paged 10 - 13, and 16 - 18, and the B choices are listed on page 33.

On green you syn meat, but have food as listed on page 10 - 15 in your food optimising book, and the B choices are listed on pages 29- 31.

HTH

Hi, i am new to the Forum having joined today, only just found it.

I am doing SW EE and having been for the past 6 weeks and have lost just over a stone but lots more to go.

Now about Red, Green and EE.

EE you get 15 syns plus one HEXA and one HEXB
Red you get one HEXA and one HEXB and you syn meat or use your HEXB and 15 syns
Green you get one HEXA and one HEXB and 15 syns, you syn your potatoes, rice or pasta, pulses etc., or use your HEXB
Hope that is right but I am sure some of the more experience amongst us will let you know if I have it wrong!

Almost right but on red and green you get 2 HexA'a and 2 HexB's and you get up to 15 syns (the actual wording is 1 OR 2 HexA's - meaning that you don't HAVE to have 2 A's)

ON green you can use your HexB's for meat/fish aswell as for bread etc.
On red you can use your HexB's for potatoesor wholewheat pasta, peas, parsnips aswell as for bread etc.

I do EE most of the time and find it great as dont have to think to hard about what I am eating.

My day usually goes like this: Fruit and Yoghurt for breakfast. Jacket or homemade soup for lunch.
Normal dinner suitable for SW plan with potato and lots of veg

Usually use up by heb with a salad roll in the evening or with my soup. As i dont drink milk in tea or coffee I use by hea by either making milk pudds ie: rice pudding, egg custard or I use the cheese for something

I sometimes include some of my syns in my dinner but try to keep them for the evening just incase I have the munchies.

Might not lose as quickly as if I was on the red day plan but I am losing without having to feel like I am on a diet and depriving myself of food.

I do almost exclusively EE - that's what the site is promoting now, to be honest. The trick/key to EE, although I am no expert, is making at least a third of your meals 'super free' (i.e fruit/veg) - it really does work, in that I am now used to eating a lot of salads etc with every helping of steak/pasta etc, it fills me up and reduces the amount of other free foods I eat, if you see what I mean. They kind of emphasise that on their website for online members.

Back