extra fertile when on a vlcd???

yummy mummy 2 be

i was told that u become extra fertile when losing weight on a vlcd is this true?

I would think its more to do with the fact that being overweigth can have a negative effect on fertility, and for some women stops their periods and makes conception impossible. when they lose weight, the cycle kicks back in an they may find themselves unexpectedly pregnant as they hadn't realised their cycle had started again.

but thats only my lay person opinion and not at all medical, so dont take any chances

I don't neccesariliy think it is being in a vlcd but being in on any diet or trying to lose weight, I decided 6 years ago to lose weight thr healthy eating and after the first couple of weeks i had lost 10lbs and found out that i was pregnant with my first child, i had been trying to concieve prior to that with no luck. Two years later, i had gained alot of weight again and this time decided to go on a vlcd and guess what, history repeated itself and i conceived within 3 or 4 wks of being on it.....lol so there is some truth that we do become more fertile when we are not overly overweight... but i guess this differs from one person to the next.

Hmmm that's one I hadn't thought about.

But, with my saggy tum, the possibilty of hair thining, breath like a badgers bottom and visiting the loo every 40 minutes I'm not sure I'd get the chance to find out!!!

Ha just joking, OH has had the snip and I've had a hyst so I can't possibly comment. But I can always still practice though surely!!

haha rose...very true...my breath always smells of mouth wash i cary some in my hand bag now cus im so sef concious about it lol

On a (sort of) related subject - do you ladies still experience the pre-menstrual weight gain when you're on Lipotrim?

Well...Lipotrim seemed to work for my fertility as I fell pregnant when I was on it, however this was after losing about 4 stone.
I'm hoping to get back onto Lipotrim in August after I've had a chance to recover for the birth and to give my body a chance to heal etc, but this time I'll be getting the implant as my method of contraception as condoms obviously didn't deter anything lol.

Hmmm that's one I hadn't thought about.

But, with my saggy tum, the possibilty of hair thining, breath like a badgers bottom and visiting the loo every 40 minutes I'm not sure I'd get the chance to find out!!!

Ha just joking, OH has had the snip and I've had a hyst so I can't possibly comment. But I can always still practice though surely!!
Yes I'm sure the practise will burn the cals too double whamey LOL

Back