extra lean mince

Wowwww I know a local one sells syn free sausages, a butchers is somewhere I never think of going. If I can't find any local il be hopping on a train with a cool bag lol. Is it thicker cuts than supermarket?

They will usually do them as you want them. As thin or thick as you require x

If you go to butchers you can choose the leanest steaks they have and ask them to mince it for you x

Love this! Are butchers cheaper than super markets? The last one I walked into I had good intentions of asking for extra lean mince but I walked out after waiting in the big queue for ages. Not got a strong stomach when it comes to the smell of butchers lol. There's a smaller less busy one half a mile up the road from me though, I could try there. :D

You know your on slimming world when you get excited about beef!

Wow.... Me and Joe are gonna get along. How good is that site?!!

Well I get everyone has different opinions about this, but on the odd occasion I've not been able to get extra lean lately I've used lean mince and rinsed it and its not affected my weightloss given I got target last week! Lots of people in group said they tried it and it tasted no different, when you're on a very tight budget it does help. In my opinion if I can see the fat coming off I'm obviously getting rid if some of the excess fat in it and it was still lean to begin with anyway, hasn't affected losses so when i need to save ill do this, won't be all the time, but on a budget I will! Fair enough if u don't agree but I was just sharing a tip our c had told us xx

Well I get everyone has different opinions about this, but on the odd occasion I've not been able to get extra lean lately I've used lean mince and rinsed it and its not affected my weightloss given I got target last week! Lots of people in group said they tried it and it tasted no different, when you're on a very tight budget it does help. In my opinion if I can see the fat coming off I'm obviously getting rid if some of the excess fat in it and it was still lean to begin with anyway, hasn't affected losses so when i need to save ill do this, won't be all the time, but on a budget I will! Fair enough if u don't agree but I was just sharing a tip our c had told us xx

Like I said I'm surprised the consultant said this. If you rang SW they would disagree and there is nothing in the book!!!

As I always say - if it's not in the book or on the website then it's not right.

I understand where u are coming from but I've taken lots of tips off this site and my group such as smash pizzas, KFC chicken etc and even tho sw don't endorse then they've never hindered my losses so I don't see an issue personally! Just my opinion but if its bit causing a problem then I'm happy to fit it on to my sw plan!

I understand where u are coming from but I've taken lots of tips off this site and my group such as smash pizzas, KFC chicken etc and even tho sw don't endorse then they've never hindered my losses so I don't see an issue personally! Just my opinion but if its bit causing a problem then I'm happy to fit it on to my sw plan!

Then you are lucky :) they are not endorsed to protect our members weight losses.

Yes but if your fully in control of your diet and nutrition and choices and getting targets hit then thats success to me. If someone has learned there is a healthier way to cook a dish then that's a good thing surely?
Sw endorses diet coke but it's frightfully bad for you in many ways.
I think newbies and ppl struggling and not understanding their choices then yes they need there journey to be more protected but otherwise It's about empowered choices.

Yes but if your fully in control of your diet and nutrition and choices and getting targets hit then thats success to me. If someone has learned there is a healthier way to cook a dish then that's a good thing surely?
Sw endorses diet coke but it's frightfully bad for you in many ways.
I think newbies and ppl struggling and not understanding their choices then yes they need there journey to be more protected but otherwise It's about empowered choices.

I disagree. It's about sticking to the laid out plan. Extra lean mince is free. Lean mince has a syn value. Use the lean and syn t accordingly.
SW doesn't endorse diet coke, they say diet fizzy drinks are free.

I personally don't do this I use quorn but life is about choices and education and if all you get from sw is reading lists then you don't learn anything beyond the plan. I don't intend to count syns for the rest of my life what I need now is education on nutrition and moderation until I can do it myself sw is my education and moderation but not forever. We rely on what the pack says and let's be honest we've seen recently that manufacturers and supermarkets lie about what's in the pack so if there is a cooking method to eliminate even more fat content then that's a good thing IMO.

I personally don't do this I use quorn but life is about choices and education and if all you get from sw is reading lists then you don't learn anything beyond the plan. I don't intend to count syns for the rest of my life what I need now is education on nutrition and moderation until I can do it myself sw is my education and moderation but not forever. We rely on what the pack says and let's be honest we've seen recently that manufacturers and supermarkets lie about what's in the pack so if there is a cooking method to eliminate even more fat content then that's a good thing IMO.

So, what happens when you get to target and maintain? Stop following SW and its principles?

As for rinsing the mince, it should still be synned - that's the whole point of this discussion. Rinse it by all means but it is still not a free food.

Sw is just core principle of healthy eating the syns act as moderation and education.

Yeah. So use the syns for lean mince. Believe it or not, I do know what I'm talking about and I would hate to see newbies given the wrong information. Imagine if someone who has just joined sees this thread and thinks if they rinse lean mince it becomes free, that's not protecting their weight loss is it?

Yes, this is about choice but the facts are there and not really up for debate are they?

Please don't be rude we all come here to share tips and support not to say were right over another member. We all have a journey and reasons for it.

I don't disagree over the issue hun my point was that it's a good thing to educate yourself to know there are further ways to reduce fat content and it was good to know that even with extra lean you can reduce it further. I never said it was free or shouldn't be synned. And as I said I don't even use mince beef I use quorn.

Please don't be rude we all come here to share tips and support not to say were right over another member. We all have a journey and reasons for it.

I don't disagree over the issue hun my point was that it's a good thing to educate yourself to know there are further ways to reduce fat content and it was good to know that even with extra lean you can reduce it further. I never said it was free or shouldn't be synned. And as I said I don't even use mince beef I use quorn.

I wasn't being rude. I was just stating facts to help members who may think this is right. That's all!

:) I agree ppl tweak to much and moan it's not working but this op got to target so I don't think we can discount her advice its those who tweak and don't loose that need to recheck plan and reassess

Back