Extreme Slimmers ITV2

jrabbit81

Did anyone watch Extreme Slimmers on ITV2?

Amazing how much weight they all lost.

But now I am really worried that I'll get excess skin. I have 5 Stone to lose, is that likely?

:confused:

I don't think it's likely in your case. As long as you don't lose too quickly, so your skin has time to shrink with you. You're what - in your 20s?? and haven't had any children yet (I don't think) and so haven't been stretched beyond imagination several times already, so still have that wonderful, youthfull elasticity ...... (I think I hate you ;) ;) :) )

I saw this the other night. Yes it's amazing they have lost so much and a pity that poor bloke had to have a total body lift after losing it all. I too am worried about loose skin but I'm more worried about the fat killing me early.

I spoke to Michelle Bowater (love her red hair!) on the phone for an hour one day whilst considering wls (still no concrete decision made), she owns the weight loss surgery group and she's as down to earth and honest as she was on the telly.

I'm gonna start using Bio Oil again, a few drops mixed into my moisturiser to make it last longer.:)

Saggy skin seems to be an individual thing but like Jan has said, you are young and that means you skin should be elastic enough to get back into shape pretty quick. I, on the other hand, am already planning the surgery!

Imho, one the advantages of not losing weight so fast is that the skin shrinks as you go along. If you lose it fast, the skin shrinks at the same rate, but is obviously playing catch up. Apparently, accordingly to my doc, it takes two years for the skin to reach its final state so don't worry if you see some creepiness along the way.

Exercise helps by increasing circulation and the extra muscle fills some of the space left from fat loss. Good way to avoid bat wings :)

Last edited:
Not holding much hope out for myself but if I go for my original goal of 10st 8lb that would mean having to lose a total of 15 stone... I drop remarks to the OH about possibly wanting tummy tucks and da kine but I'd have to wait until my 30's probably (I'm 24 now) 'cause we're planning on baby-trying-for when I'm about 28-29ish if things still be well then which will just mess it up again, and he wants two so two lots of messing-up gargh! lol I'm too lazy to do the moisturing thing everyday and I hate the lingering smells of most.

Apparently, accordingly to my doc, it takes two years for the skin to reach its final state so don't worry if you see some creepiness along the way.

:8855::8855::8855::8855: Oh thank you for cheering me up!!! I KNOW you meant 'crepe'iness ..... and I suppose that COULD BE creepy ......... :8855::8855:

Please don't think I'm criticising = I'm really not.

Well yes indeedy .... there always had to be a food reference didn't there!! ;)

Back