Fab low syn chips

my c told me to spray my actifry with frylight then put the chips in spray the chips as well SYN FREE CHIPS loverly!! it did actually work and thats wot i feed all my family now (they havn't noticed yet shh!)

wish I'd have checked the sins online myself before eating!

I've checked the syn amount on these chips just now as I was entering it into my food diary and they are 1 syn per 100 FROZEN...2.5 syns per 100g when oven baked!! I stupidly thought them to be 1syn per 100g so I had 300g..which has put me over 15 syns now for today :mad::cry:

Nope, I had 300g cooked weight as I thought that this is what the op meant :( Hope it doesn't affect my WI in the morning.

Lesson learnt: check syn values for myself before eating.

Don't worry! I'm sure it will not make any difference at all. There's only 4.5 syns difference between the frozen syns and the cooked syns. That's only 90 calories - so neither here not there in the big scheme of things.

I tried these the other night for the first time. They are very filling and I did them in the Actifry (without any fat as not necessary).

As I said they are very filling and very fa/thick , but for me they are nothing special - certainly better and less fuss than SW-style chips, but not a patch on the Actifry chips.

Morrisons have them for £1 for 1kg too. Be careful not to have them on an original day, as I had to change plans mid-day lol.

Steve

Back