Fact or fiction??

SO MUCH TO LOSE!

Must do it this time
Ok ,so im sitting here thinking about the ever so popular saying on cd " the more you drink the more you shrink" and i was wondering where it came from?Does anybody have any info to back this up?

I ask this because this is my 3rd :( time on cd and the 1st time round i drank 6 litres of water a day,the 2nd time round i drank 5 litres but them dropped it to 4 and now on my 3rd time ive dropped my water intake to 3 litres and my losses are almost identical to that of my last times around with only a 1lb difference in it.

So i guess im asking anybody in the know,if this is a similiar story for anybody else.

Im just delighted that ive alot less visits to the toilet ;)

don't know about facts but when i drink 3ltrs daliy my losses are better. i think 5 and 6 is to much. 3-4 is about right

I just wondered this,as i used to tell people new to cd to drink as much as you can,but surely people should know that they dont need to drink,literally,half as much as they are drinking to get good results.

I think there is a lot of conflicting evidence and advice out there. You need to drink enough to keep you hydrated but not so much as it puts unneccesary strain on your kidneys. There is such a thing as too much water which can be very dangerous as it effects the electrolyte balance in your body.

Starlight, I am somewhat relieved to read that, mainly because I have never, and probably will never manage to drink more than 2L a day (and that's on a good day!)

All the times I have done CD though, it doesn't seem to have effected my weight loss.

My CDC advised me not to drink too much more than the recommended 2 litres as your body flushes the nutrients out of your body too quickly.

I'd just like to point out that the minimum water intake is actually 2.25 litres (rather than 2 litres, as stated above).

It should be understood that 2.25 litres is the minimum requirement..... and anything up to 4, 5 or 6 litres (depending on your height, weight, hot weather, exercise level) is perfectly normal.

Most important is that your liquids should be taken gradually throughout the day, in order to maintain the equilibrium of your electrolytes.

Back