failed attempt.......

What did you do? :) Did you use ice cold water? Did you use a hand blender and whizz it up for at least a minute (much longer than you think you need to)? Did you add the mousse mix to the packet and mix it up before adding it to the water? You need to add it to the water, not put it in the beaker and then add water...

Did you put it in the fridge for five minutes to set?

What did you do? :) Did you use ice cold water? Did you use a hand blender and whizz it up for at least a minute (much longer than you think you need to). Did you add the mousse mix to the packet and mix it up before adding it to the water? You need to add it to the water, not put it in the beaker and then add water.

Did you put it in the fridge for five minutes to set?

was in fridge for 10mins, i used a hand blender, and i added the mix a mousse to my mint choc packs then added it to the water x

Hmm. Have you managed to make it okay before? If so, how old is your mix-a-mousse stuff? It doesn't go off, exactly, but it doesn't set as well after a while.

Okay. How cold was the water you used? How much water did you use?

It works best if the water's icy cold.

I use the method I found in the sticky above and I've never had a bad result yet. I've never used more than 200mls of water though and the instructions say to use 150mls.

The Perfect Mousse

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Shake Pack
1 Scoop Mix-A-Mousse
150 mls water
Utensils :
Good quality hand blender (Recommended 600 watt)
Spoon
Pyrex Jug
Method :
1. Assemble the ingredients and utensils.

2. Put 150mls of water into the Pyrex Jug and put into the freezer compartment for 15 to 20 minutes. Take out the water as soon as crystals start to form on the surface.

3. Remove from freezer and pour the shake pack onto the surface of the water.

4. Without stirring pour the scoop of Mix-A-Mousse onto the top of the shake pack.

5. Put a high quality hand blender (500 watts or more recommended) into the mixture and blend for 60 seconds.

6. Pour into a small bowl and put it in the fridge to set (can take 5 to 10 minutes and it's quicker to put it in the freezer for 5 minutes).

Back