Failure

wussbird

Just been to my first weigh in and I've only lost half a pound. Feel like a complete failure. I've stuck to the plan 100%, not had anything I shouldn't have, and done some exercise.

What's wrong with me?

I'm so embarrassed that I've got so overweight in the first place.

Had a few treats planned for myself today (nothing to do with food!) and now all I want to do is cry and go back to bed.

Hey hun, sorry I'm not great with the 'onlys' posts - I 'only' lost half a pound in my first week and since then have continued to lose! Trust in the plan and it will work! xx

Okay, firstly if you have stuck to plan 100% then the weight will come off. It's a shame it's not this week but it will come off and you'll probably have a cracking week next week.

Did you fill out the food diary and give it to your consultant? You should do this for 4 weeks so they can make sure you are following it correctly and not doing anything inadvertantly wrong.

Are you on red/green or EE? Did you weigh and measure everything that you should? Did you have a third superfree with your meals on EE? Did you eat your syns? Finally, have you switched from a TFR diet?

Lots of questions I know but there's two reasons, either you are doing something wrong without knowing or the weight will show next week.

Keep with it. xx

I'm on EE and have been weighing everything. Not sure about the superfree amounts so maybe I'll have to look at that. My consultant was great, she's going to ring me later to talk about my food diary.

I'm going to stick with it, just feel really down at the moment.

I know it's hard but try not to feel down. A lady at my group sts her first week and then lost 6lb the following week.

My body is always a week behind itself. :)

Try not to worry, it is a loss, and a loss is a loss :clap:.

If you are following the plan it will work, you may see it next week. Give yourself a break and don't beat yourself up about it, it's not worth it.

half a pound a week is still over 2 stone a year loss - do you have a lot of weight to lose, sometimes the closer to goal the slower it comes off.

Your consultant sounds like she is keen to help, so best of luck, try not to be too upset, im sure next week if you continue on plan you will lose more. x

Please please stick to it and try to keep positive, i know that sometimes it is hard to do this but the weight will come off if you stick to the eating plan. Chin up hun x

Don't give up Wussbird!!!

Thanks Jen x I refuse to give up - felt much better about myself this last week despite this morning on the scales.

Now I'm watching Buffy to cheer me up. Makes me laugh every time!

Good for you - not everyone has a big loss at the start but im sure you will reap the benefits next week - good luck :)

are you making sure that you are filling your plate 1/3 full of speed and super speed foods ??

that was my problem when i was losing smaller amounts than i had hoped for

chin up hun and keep up the good work

xx

Thanks Jen x I refuse to give up - felt much better about myself this last week despite this morning on the scales.

Thanks for reminding me, I used to be addicted to Buffy. Did think that Angel was pretty hot (dont think the same now he is in Bones).

x

Also, you say you've been doing exercise! Muscle weighs more than fat. I would suggest you take your body measurements too. I was always surprised that on a week where I stayed the same, I'd actually lost inches!

Muscle weighs more than fat.

Not true. 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh exactly the same, 1lb. But 1lb of muscle is significantly SMALLER than 1lb of fat.

Plus muscle is an active tissue, using more energy to keep itself alive than fat.

Keep your chin up Wussgirl, we have a lady in our class who had a small loss in her first week but a massive loss in her second - you might just be a 2 week loser :D

you just made me fall in love with you a little bit then! I LOVE buffy!!! YAY!

don't worry about your half a pound, stick with it this week and try to ensure that you have LOTS of superfree food, especially on your plate when you're eating your main meals, next week you'll be dancing with joy at the results

in the mean time, watch buffy and enjoy!
xxxx

Not true. 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh exactly the same, 1lb. But 1lb of muscle is significantly SMALLER than 1lb of fat.

Plus muscle is an active tissue, using more energy to keep itself alive than fat.

:eek: I've always been told that it did...I stand corrected. *remembers to throw that back at the OH next time he says it*

lol!

Yep, it's like the age old question, which is lighter, a ton of feathers or a ton of bricks? :D

Google "1lb fat vs 1lb muscle" on the Images, you'll see what I mean about it being smaller.

That's also the reason why it'll take ages to see a change in your body shape through diet alone - you have to build muscle to see a faster change.

Back