Failure

missy3

starving!
Ive done a LOT of thinking since 3 days ago.. I of course regret even stopping my LT cos i didnt have the right approach and used it as an excuse to be greedy again.
But being off for these few days, i felt so dissapointed in myself as i have been thinking about things i have done in the past and i realised that i give up in practically everything i do! ..i left uni after 1 year.. then i left second uni course with only 4 weeks to go or something, i dunno y i do it..but i know i wanna stop doing it.
So i have realised i have a lot more to prove to myself than just loosing weight, i wanna show myself that I can really achieve something. Im starting BK tomorro.
p.s : I really did apreciate the lack of sympathy lol as it gave me the reality check i needed!

good for you hun x

Hi Missy

Don't beat yourself up, stop looking at the down side.

If its taken you to quit the diet for a few days to make all of these realisations then it was meant to be wasn't it. Sometimes we need to step back and review things, our lives just as much as anything else.
When you feel like you cant go through another day of it, or you weight has maintained etc, just think, youre doing this for you, you have the power to make your life better, you make the choices. Losing weight is never easy, but being happy is important!xx

good for you, we are all here to support you and help you.

starting with and stopping various 'stuff' in life will take its toll on your confidence, and the best way to improve on it, is to make small acheivements and build up, congratulating yourself all the way, for the small achievements as well as the larger ones.

so, my suggestion (being really old and a bit wise ;) and having done this myself when i was younger! a lot!!) here are my 'challenges' for you:
(you have to give praise for your acheivements at each one remember!)

• actually get back on to LT, make a decision, and cut yourself off from any other distraction or temptation.
  • stick to LT for one day, and take it a day at a time.
  • set a small target - i.e to get your bmi out of what ever it is now down to next level - i.e. obese to overweight, overweight to healthy etc...
  • take each goal and step as one step, if bigger pictures scare you off, take it in smaller bites, and build on that.
  • get a small flip book, and write a reward on each page, then when you complete a step (like LT for one day) flick the book open randomly and do what you wrote on that page. in mine i have things like, have a bath, put face pack/hair pack on, walk dog, have a cuddle, phone a friend/family, and some bigger ones, like buy a book, get a facial etc...
  • also, really importantly, have a 'when i am struggling' flip book, and write suggestions for helping yourself along. in mine I have phone a friend, ask the audience!! (hehehe) I mean minimins! go for a walk, drink a pint of water, grim like an idiot, stare at the ceeling and bouce up and down (not reccommended in a public place!!) it picks you up and makes you feel silly. measure yourself and compare to last time, sort out ill fitting and uninspiring clothes out of wardrobe etc...
  • keep a diary, and note when you are tempted and how you are feeling, as soon as you write something negative down, put a line though it and write the opposite. i.e. i never stick to anything and am useless! change to 'I am in control, and complete all challenges that i set myslef, that I am passionate about and commited to. (note, clue here, you have to be passionate and commited to acheive anything, if this is a struggle, try to work out why)
  • make a list of things you have acheived already, like school exams, driving test, learning to swim, ride a bike, reward yourself for those too.
  • share your goals with us and when you have reached them, or pm some one, like me! to help you. get a mentor, who motivates you? someone who has reached target or someone still on the journey, ask for thier help and pm every now and then for support etc...
  • your goals are treasures to you, try to only share them with people who will understand and support you. make sure you can trust your delicate goals to people. i.e. on here all would prob help and support, mates down the pub might not and might put you off for example, out of lack of understanding most likely, but it would still make it hard for you.
  • be gentle with yourself.
  • get your fav teddy and tell it! I do that, keith walked in on me cuddling miffy rabbit mumbing to it :eek: he's got used to me by now though, and doesn;t call the men in white coats anymore!! ;)
whatever you do, make sure it is something that you really want, support yourself, find a mentor/friend to help you, make a diary, ask for help, educate yourslef on how you behave and what your trigger points are. remind yourself that you are a strong person, and that you can achieve what you want. just get a good strong reason why, sell it to yourself, and take it a step at a time.

good luck

auntie helen ;)

xx

Good for you hun! Now crack on and reach your goal! Lol Good luck!

p.s : I really did apreciate the lack of sympathy lol as it gave me the reality check i needed!

Your Welcome! :D:D:D

Good on ya for getting back to it! Now stick with it....and skinny you will be here in no time. Good luck!

wow..

What a great post! Im going to take everything on board.. starting my little books as we speak.. thanx so much for this, really appreciate it xx
good for you, we are all here to support you and help you.

starting with and stopping various 'stuff' in life will take its toll on your confidence, and the best way to improve on it, is to make small acheivements and build up, congratulating yourself all the way, for the small achievements as well as the larger ones.

so, my suggestion (being really old and a bit wise ;) and having done this myself when i was younger! a lot!!) here are my 'challenges' for you:
(you have to give praise for your acheivements at each one remember!)

• actually get back on to LT, make a decision, and cut yourself off from any other distraction or temptation.
  • stick to LT for one day, and take it a day at a time.
  • set a small target - i.e to get your bmi out of what ever it is now down to next level - i.e. obese to overweight, overweight to healthy etc...
  • take each goal and step as one step, if bigger pictures scare you off, take it in smaller bites, and build on that.
  • get a small flip book, and write a reward on each page, then when you complete a step (like LT for one day) flick the book open randomly and do what you wrote on that page. in mine i have things like, have a bath, put face pack/hair pack on, walk dog, have a cuddle, phone a friend/family, and some bigger ones, like buy a book, get a facial etc...
  • also, really importantly, have a 'when i am struggling' flip book, and write suggestions for helping yourself along. in mine I have phone a friend, ask the audience!! (hehehe) I mean minimins! go for a walk, drink a pint of water, grim like an idiot, stare at the ceeling and bouce up and down (not reccommended in a public place!!) it picks you up and makes you feel silly. measure yourself and compare to last time, sort out ill fitting and uninspiring clothes out of wardrobe etc...
  • keep a diary, and note when you are tempted and how you are feeling, as soon as you write something negative down, put a line though it and write the opposite. i.e. i never stick to anything and am useless! change to 'I am in control, and complete all challenges that i set myslef, that I am passionate about and commited to. (note, clue here, you have to be passionate and commited to acheive anything, if this is a struggle, try to work out why)
  • make a list of things you have acheived already, like school exams, driving test, learning to swim, ride a bike, reward yourself for those too.
  • share your goals with us and when you have reached them, or pm some one, like me! to help you. get a mentor, who motivates you? someone who has reached target or someone still on the journey, ask for thier help and pm every now and then for support etc...
  • your goals are treasures to you, try to only share them with people who will understand and support you. make sure you can trust your delicate goals to people. i.e. on here all would prob help and support, mates down the pub might not and might put you off for example, out of lack of understanding most likely, but it would still make it hard for you.
  • be gentle with yourself.
  • get your fav teddy and tell it! I do that, keith walked in on me cuddling miffy rabbit mumbing to it :eek: he's got used to me by now though, and doesn;t call the men in white coats anymore!! ;)
whatever you do, make sure it is something that you really want, support yourself, find a mentor/friend to help you, make a diary, ask for help, educate yourslef on how you behave and what your trigger points are. remind yourself that you are a strong person, and that you can achieve what you want. just get a good strong reason why, sell it to yourself, and take it a step at a time.

good luck

auntie helen ;)

xx

lol that was for you in particular lol, i know u had the best interest at heart.. or ur just mean! lol thanx thou xx
Your Welcome! :D:D:D

Good on ya for getting back to it! Now stick with it....and skinny you will be here in no time. Good luck!

I dont know how to multi quote, so thanx everyone.. have to get myself sorted.. todays the day

you go girl. you are a 1/3 of the way there already, so the time will fly by :)

any damage done by coming off will prob be undone in a few days I bet.

take care

xx

Brilliant post msblonde - i've printed that off and pinned it on my wall - thank you - i've got my 2nd wi tomorrow and need to keep on track:):)

you can do it well done on starting again that cant be easy with the help and support of everyone here you can do this

Ive done a LOT of thinking since 3 days ago.. I of course regret even stopping my LT cos i didnt have the right approach and used it as an excuse to be greedy again.
But being off for these few days, i felt so dissapointed in myself as i have been thinking about things i have done in the past and i realised that i give up in practically everything i do! ..i left uni after 1 year.. then i left second uni course with only 4 weeks to go or something, i dunno y i do it..but i know i wanna stop doing it.
So i have realised i have a lot more to prove to myself than just loosing weight, i wanna show myself that I can really achieve something. Im starting BK tomorro.

hey missy, im trivena! guess what-im starting bk 2mrw 2!!! i failed miserably this week so im starting again...ill be weighing in every sat from now on so maybe we can help eachother thru the days wen we feel like quitting..this has to be for ourselves deep down! we will do this :) how much are you hoping to lose!! im hoping for 5lb per week! my goal is 10st :)

Christiona, I'm so pleased to hear you have got into the right mindset to continue with your journey. Helen's post is fantastic and full of great advice. You can do this. You have lots of auntie and uncles on here willing you onwards, me incuded.

Good luck babe.

x

Back