Fair, forty but not fat!

If that's what it takes to keep you motivated then go for it lady. You know yourself better than anyone. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks, both of you. I'm just getting frustrated with it - I'm losing and that's a good thing but it's sooooo slow! Still 1 lb left to go until the turn of the next stone. Going to try the cross trainer to see if that can help a bit, but if not, I'm back to the doc's at Easter. It's a balance thing. I'm happy enough on the calories I'm on and it gives me quite a bit of flex. I'm dithering about trying 5:2 to see if that'll help - with the 5 days being on my current diet and the 2 being on 500 cals.

Hi Moog, Just to let you know that I do pop in from time to time and ... don't get to the point of giving up!! You are still young enough to be able to get to your goal and really enjoy the results.. and that's coming from a decrepit old woman who is still determined not to give in "whatever" :airquote:

You are making good progress .. well done!

Thanks, Emmaline. You're doing fabulously - it's great to see you here still.

I'm dropping still. It's steady going but I'm hoping to see 13 stones something on the scales very soon...

Aaaaand I'm officially 13 st 13. Bye bye 14 stones. I am NEVER coming back here again!

Onwards and downwards :D

I'm so jealous!!! Lol!!! Xxx

You're losing FAR faster than me. Give it a couple of weeks and you'll be lighter xx

Only lost a lot this month coz I've been poorly, recon it will be back to slow and steady again. I'll get there eventually. As long as we both keep ticking down it's all good! Xxx

Take the losses where you can! Hope you're feeling a bit better now though. Was it your gall bladder?

This week seems to be going a bit better on the loss front for me, but TOTM is looming, which means I'll be stalling next week. Ho hum...

Take the losses where you can! Hope you're feeling a bit better now though. Was it your gall bladder?

This week seems to be going a bit better on the loss front for me, but TOTM is looming, which means I'll be stalling next week. Ho hum...

Blood test results say maybe... but they could also say infection, which could be anywhere in my body! Need to wait for hospital to send me dates for scans.

So glad I don't have TOTM. I had my depo injection today, I usually have good losses after, so fingers crossed!! Hope your monthly visitor doesn't screw you over too badly. Xxx

I couldn't live without the depo, no awful cramps and bloatiness.

How you doing moog?

Last edited:
I'm doing ok. Still chugging and another lb down this week. I'm close to another lb down, which will bring me to a stone and a half since the middle of Jan. not too shabby!

i'm feeling quite blah about it all at the moment but I'm meeting up with a friend who I've not seen in a few years in July. It's a good incentive to keep going. I'm wearing size 16s now but could be back in my 14s by then!

How are you both doing?

Not too shabby at all lady!!! Nice encouraging words from friends are always a help.

I'm good, got a wedding on Friday and i finally fit into a dress for the first time, had it in my wardrobe for 18 months, so a good feeling.

Not long and I should be back to 14 stone then I'm losing new weight that I've never lost before, wahoo!!! Xxx

Ooooh - what's the dress like? Well done you!

i've hit the stone and a half gone this morning, but have the same again to lose before I'm back to 2011's weight. I'll get there and I am NEVER putting it back on again. I should have known better - I definitely comfort eat when I'm stressed.

3 more to go before I see 189lbs... :D

It's hard to describe, I'll get a photo of it next week and post it to my diary. I can't wait to see the number 13 on the scales... And get into size 14's, not been there since I was 17!!!

I've spent nearly half my life obese, that is so depressing!!! When I got fat after my dad left I had no idea it would last so long!!!

Have you got lots of pretty size 14 things saved up? Xxx

Looking forward to seeing the pics :)

I bought quite a few lovely 14s last time I dieted. Had about a year in them before the weight crept back on :/ With a bit of luck I'll be back in them by the summer. It wasn't worth getting rid of them when all I needed was a bit of focus and some graft on the eating front again.

I'd like to get back into a size 12, but I'd be happy maintaining a small size 14 if that's where I end up. It's definitely better than where I've been!

I'm still here!

Eating for the next 5 days on £1 per day to raise awareness and sponsorship for those who live in extreme poverty.

Watch this space... :/

OMG!!! How are you managing it?!?! I can't even begin to figure it out... are you just going to starve?!?!

I'm still here!

Eating for the next 5 days on £1 per day to raise awareness and sponsorship for those who live in extreme poverty.

Watch this space... :/

Wowzers!! Huge props to you moog, not sure i could manage that.

I'm not sure I can either, Squeezy!

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Hope it's not starving Linds, but I suspect I'm going to be a bit nibbly!

Back