Fair, forty but not fat!

Almost. Not quite there yet. This last lb is really dragging its little heels!

You will. You definitely will!

My lb is taunting me. It's slowly fading away - 1/4lb gone this morning - but I've never known it go so slowly. I suppose a lot of it is because I'm dying to do the 3 stone gone dance of victory and it hasn't really been as long as I think it has.

Today's menu is more of the same really. Pancetta and quails eggs with a salad for dinner tonight and some pomegranate seeds. Really looking forward to that one. And then it's weigh-in tomorrow! It'll be my lowest loss in a while, but a loss is still a loss and I've shrunk an inch as well, so we're good.

People are starting to notice - colleagues I don't work closely with have made the odd comment now. One said yesterday that I was "shrinking before their eyes" which made me feel fab, because I'm really not seeing that much at all at the moment.

So it's an official 1 and 3/4lbs gone this week. I'm a 1/4 of a lb away from my 3 stone goal. I'm half laughing, half wondering if my body is doing this to me deliberately!

In all fairness, it's TOTM so it seems to have slowed things down a little this week and a few more carbs have been sneaking into my diet (crackers at lunch and snackajacks) so I might have to watch that a little bit.

This third stone WILL be gone in the next couple of days. Just you watch ;)

Last edited:
Moog you are doing awesome, I am so jealous!!! I want to surgically remove you motivation and implant it in my brain!!!

What new charm did you get for your third stone? I've only got three charms on my necklace, can't afford the 4th yet, but to be fair I've gained from my inspection binge so I don't deserve it until I've shifted one more lb!!!

Is it beautiful and sunny where you are today? It's gorgeous in Oxford at the moment! x

Moog you are doing awesome, I am so jealous!!! I want to surgically remove you motivation and implant it in my brain!!!

What new charm did you get for your third stone? I've only got three charms on my necklace, can't afford the 4th yet, but to be fair I've gained from my inspection binge so I don't deserve it until I've shifted one more lb!!!

Is it beautiful and sunny where you are today? It's gorgeous in Oxford at the moment! x

It's gorgeous here today. We're thinking about having a run out to the beach hut for lunch and a chill in a deckchair with a good book!

The charm's the dangly high heeled shoe charm. I'll have to take another pic of the bracelet really as hubby bought me the round heart one for Valentine's day as well, so it's filling up quite quickly. The necklace is a lovely idea - I really like those, but I was a cheapskate to start off with as the bracelet was cheaper :p

You haven't put on much weight at all - and it's going to fall off when you start again. Mine's slowing down and I'm not quite sure what to do to get it moving again. I can't remove any more calories and exercise is really limited still. Going to try to drink more water and hope for the best. I need to be back to 2-3lbs a week for my sanity ;)

My biggest motivations are a couple of events in late June and early July. Both posh frock events. I desperately want to be in a nice posh frock by then - a 14 will do, a 12 would be superb. I just hope I can hang in until then. You're way ahead of me in the weight-loss stakes anyway Ms 4-Stones-Gone ;)

Just updated my weight this morning...

THREE STONES GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thank you, Emmaline :D You can do it!!!

I'm thrilled. Thought I'd never get there - the last 2 or 3lbs have been a real slog. I'm blaming TOTM ;)

WAHOO!!!!! You go girl!!! xxx

Have bought some green tea in the hope that the increased liquid intake will help ye olde weight loss a bit this week. It's worth a shot, and you never know...

Running away on a narrowboat tomorrow. Bliss :)

I used to drink loads of peppermint tea... need to get back into that habit me thinks!!!

Had a wonderful day yesterday chug chug chugging through some beautiful countryside. Far too many bridges to be unlocked and opened, but it is marvellous fun stopping the traffic so you can open a swing bridge and let a boat through ;)

Back to reality and work today, with sprog number 2's birthday party tonight. Have avoided cake thus far...

Ooooh - treat food tonight. Poached egg with baked proscuitto. Gorgeous!

Pondering what to do with some strawberries now - got to scoff them in one way or another as they expire today! Mostly I want to dunk them in molten chocolate, but somehow I don't think that's a real option!

Really, really stressed at the moment and I'm sure that's not helping the weightloss. Hubby's off work sick - it's a recurrence of an old issue stemming from a nervous breakdown he had about 5 years back. It's horrible seeing the same old things cropping up - I remember how sick I felt back then and how scared. We'll deal with it, but I really don't want to have to go through it all again. It's hard being strong and keeping everything together for everyone when all I feel like doing is curling up into a little ball until it all goes away again.

The diet is still going strong for now and I think the green tea is going to become a regular feature. I quite like it and it's brilliant for the occasions where the kids have drunk all of the milk. Today's food is going to involve some smoked salmon and I'm trying my hardest to ignore Sarah's wonderful recommendations for choc spread. Mmmmmm :)

Oh chicken!!! Sorry to hear about the stress, it's not easy always having to be the strong one. Make sure you get a break to curl into a ball, otherwise you will end up poorly and then you will be no help to anyone!!! xxx

Back