Fair, forty but not fat!

Thank you! We had a lovely day.

Heading north to a friend's BBQ today, which is going to be quite interesting on the calorie front. Saving grace is that I'm driving so can't drink. Taking some slimline tonic, which I'll have with a good slug of invisible gin :)

Have a good bank holiday everyone :)

Back to work today and it's going to be a busy week - still got to do 5 days work in 4. Ah well - it was worth it to get an extra day off!

Still only lost 1lb so far this week, so the exercise doesn't appear to be making any difference so far. I know it's not a huge amount of exercise, but I would have expected something, even if it was a tiny bit of muscle % increasing. Patience, I know. I'll be gutted if I do all this and can't even lose 2lbs this week - but there are 3 more days before Friday, so I'm going to stay positive.

Eating yesterday was fairly good (although I did have 2 sausages!) and within limits. Even avoided the booze as I was driving. :( I don't mind making the sacrifices if I'm getting results, but it's harder when things seem to stick and I can't see progress.

Then again, I'm whinging. I've lost 1lb in 4 days and really need to get a grip! :D

It's very good in 4 days hun. Love reading your diary even though I don't say much. Have a great day :)

Thanks Crystal :) It's great to have the moral support - this whole diet thing isn't easy by a long shot!

Done my 20 mins on the cross trainer today and am getting fractionally quicker each time (and I mean fractionally!) Burnt 200 cals (up from 197) today and I'm pretty pleased with that. No crashes and lots of wonderfully normal achey muscles. It's brilliant!

I'm going to keep going on this program for the rest of this week (20 mins on Level 6 at 50 rpm - which is pathetic for most people, I know, but considering I was bed-bound for a day each week as recently as Jan/Feb, I think it's pretty fantastic!) Then I have a choice of either stepping one session up to either 22 mins on Level 6 or 20 mins on Level 7 and see what happens.

Have everything crossed that I can keep this going. It's going to make the world of difference if it works :)

I don't think exercise has much effect on weight loss as such, I think it's strength is much more in the INCH loss... stay focused even when the scales are not relfecting your hard work. x

Still no movement on the scales... 13st 2 and not budging. Going to be a little stricter with my calories - I've been eating back the exercise calories so far and perhaps I should have only been eating back part? I'm not sure. Do any of you know?

Feeling a bit glum. I really did think a bit of exercise would help - I've been working so hard to get here, it feels like a bit of an anti-climax! Will whip out the tape measure on Friday, but my clothes fit just the same, so I'm not hopeful.

Slight break from the norm and I'm having some sushi tonight. Yes, I know... CARBS! Hubby bought them for a treat for me and he's been so supportive that I don't have the heart to say no!

161 cals (and 30 carbs!)

I've been flattered off my feet at work today. I must have had about 50 people approaching me to compliment me on the weightloss and how good I'm looking. Felt like crawling under my desk by the end! Lovely to hear and it's bolstered my flagging self-belief!

I still can't see much of a difference myself but I know there is one - I fitted into a skirt that I haven't worn for about 11 years. It's tight around my stomach, but zips up fine. It's a 14. (I'm not conning myself that I'm actually a 14 - 16s fit absolutely fine at the moment, but WOOOOHOOOO!)

Well done Moog! You are doing fab and how great that you can zip up those size 14's:):)

Well, in fairness, I can zip up that ONE size 14. The advantage of being 5'8" is that it looks ok being at this sort of size. Ideally I'd like to get to a 10 or a 12 (not any smaller, because that really is too thin for my height) but if I stick permanently at being a smaller size 14, then I'm happy enough with that. Not there yet though ;)

Still on a bit of a high from yesterday and the scales still aren't budging. More cross-trainer tonight and then fingers crossed for weigh-in tomorrow - but it's not going to be a fantastic one this week :(

1lb gone this week. A bit disappointing, but I shall plug on. I need to shift another 8lbs this month, so I need 2lbs a week on average to get there.

Back to the cross trainer tonight. Going to see if I'm well enough to do 3 sessions of 20 mins across the weekend. Can only hope it's going to help in the battle with the flab - it is increasing my muscle % and my fat % is heading downwards, so there's some definite progress. Just a bit gutted about the loss.

Ho hum. Stick with it.

Are you increasing your water intake with the exercise? I've read that tired muscles can retain water. That might be what's at play here, or a thought at least. Well done on the loss, you are still heading in the right direction!!! x

I'm knocking back more water than usual, but I don't think I drink enough anyway. I don't have the sort of job where I can run to the loo very often, so that makes life quite tricky!

Going to try and increase it and see if that'll help. Thanks for the suggestion - here's hoping it's as simple as that :)

You never know, some times things can be that simple... I am definately very VERY simple!!! x

Give me a few days and we'll see ;) I just like to over-complicate things - why do it the easy way?

On a completely separate note, I stumbled across Matteson's Fridge Raider chicken piri piri for lunch today. Perfect for me - high protein, low carb and only about 127 cals for the packet. Tasty too!

Thought I'd mention them in case they're handy for anyone else. They come in 6 flavours and currently on special in Tesco for approx 90p a bag.

ARGH - weight's gone up this morning. How? It's that pesky water stuff haunting me again, isn't it?

I shall sit and weep into my morning cuppa and hang onto this week's compliments to keep me going...

Just bought a pair of size 14 jeans. They fit... and no muffin top!

Might explain why my 16s have been falling down ;)

Still don't think I'm properly a 14, but it's brilliant to see the clothes sizes dropping :D :D :D :D

Back