ProPoints Fairy Charm's Diary: Taking Control

Fairy Charm

Taking back control
So... The beginning of a very long journey... 20st 4lb to 10st (should be 9st 8lb for my height though!) but not going to think about the big picture yet, I'm going to think about it one stone at a time, so first goal is 19st 4lb. I've joined a group and weigh in at 7 o'clock very Monday and I go with my Mum so no excuses allowed!.

I've started and stopped before but the real kicker this time... I've just come back from Tunisia and had to ask for a seat belt extension on the plane, the journey was massively uncomfortable and I barely fitted in the seat (I carry most of my weight in my belly, bum and hips) also, my little boy wanted to do so much and I really struggled to just have the energy to keep going. We are booking a holiday for the same time next year to Lanzarote and I am determined that it WILL be different... No seat belt extension, a bit more comfortable and you never know I might even allow a picture of myself in my swimsuit to be taken!

Will be logging in here when I need a bit of support, a place to write down my thoughts or just because I haven't got any ideas for dinner!

X

Thank you!

Done ok today, had a slight miscalculation on my points so have ended up 1 under rather than the 6 I thought I was! I'm not hungry so I suppose that's a good thing! On for tomorrow then!

Struggling today :-(

Am home alone and am feeling a bit low even after I had a good start yesterday, have got a real craving for carbs (my biggest food demon!) managed to avoid bread for lunch and had cracker bread instead and there is a whole pack of digestives sitting in the kitchen that would go perfectly with the hot cup of tea I've just got myself, have had 2 but I'm being tortured by the rest!

I just have no inclination to do or try anything... Just want to sit in my PJ's, watch crap TV and eat... But I'm trying to stay afloat and stay on plan so here's hoping the rest of the day goes better.

X

Apparently there's loads of motivational before and after weight loss photos in the slimming world section, go and have a look to motivate yourself and then you wont want to eat the rest of the biscuits!

Ooh I'm going to have a look too. I'm here to subscribe, support you on your journey. Good luck, don't forget this isn't supposed to be easy if it was everyone would be lovely and slim but you've got to work hard to get where you want to be and my kids are a great motivation for me. I have another 4st to lose at least I have lost nearly 3. I go to class on a Saturday morning and started exercise classes this week so I hope it all helps. We're all here to help if you need advice xx

Thank you so much! Had my birthday (Friday) meal out yesterday and stuck to salad, grilled salmon, vegetables and a few fries... No starter, no desert and actually really enjoyed it! Struggling with eating anything today all I've had us one slice of bread and ham not because I'm stopping myself but because I just don't know what I want or even if I want anything... Am going to browse the cupboards in a min and see what I can rustle up for dinner, thinking chicken salad of some kind or a jacket potato.

X

Whenever I reach for something now I ask myself if possible really want it or if I'm just eating for the sake of it and often I put it back xx

Hi Fairy Charm, how's it going? I joined WW online last week. Still trying to get my head around it really. I'm off to Tunisia with Thompson in June and I'm terrified about the seatbelt not fitting. I'm 18st4 and also carry a lot around my midsection. The worst thing is I've booked extra legroom seats for my boyfriend and I've recently read that if they're by the exit door I won't be able to ask for an extension seatbelt if I need one (not asked before) and will have to be moved. I can't tell you how much anxiety this is causing. Anyway, looking forward to hearing of your weight loss :) Lisa-Ann Xx

Hi all,

Lisa-Ann I think that may be right, also I'm pretty sure that the arm rests are fixed in those seats so it may not be possible to put them up making it more comfortable for you, hopefully though it won't be a problem!

Strayed a bit over this weekend and I'm a bit low, I think I'll be lucky to get a pound of in my first week which for me isn't good enough, the problem this week has been planning... I've been rubbish I just haven't planned and then ended up having fall back foods :-( but I've no one to blame but me so I'll see what WI says tonight!

X

YAY!!!! 5.5lbs down!!! could not believe it!!! as I said to my Mum, I'm sure its more by fluke than by design but 5.5lbs is 5.5lbs so I'm not going to complain!

So onwards and upwards for the week, I'm about to sit and plan it all now I'm not caught short in the week!

Wow 5.5lbs is fantastic hun. It seems you were too hard on yourself. I hope this week is going well too. Lisa-Ann xx

Back