Fake Nandos Sauce??

KMcHugh86

Hiya,

Another thing I am struggling with - I love doing chicken (no skin) with rice and veg and loads of hot sauce!! I used to marinade or roast the chicken in the bag with two packets of the nandos hot sauce .... yummmm which is all good except the sauce. God knows how many syns in that, I have stopped using it since I got back into SW but each time I try and make a nice hot sauce with texture it just goes all watery and annoying.

I need to try and make a sauce with the nice consistency of a nandos marinade - with tons of flavour.

Any cheat ideas that are mainly syn free?

Thanks in advance!

Kayleigh x

Nando's Hot Peri Peri Sauce is 75 calories per 100g according to the website I looked at, which is only about four syns and that would probably be at least two or three portions wouldn't it? If you read your labels and count one syn per 20 calories, you should still be able to have your Nando's sauce without impacting too much on your 15 syns a day I reckon. Enjoy!

I make mine like this...
6 to 12 fresh red chillies, depending on how hot you want it
1 tbsp garlic, blanched and chopped
1 tsp salt flakes
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tbsp paprika
50 ml red wine vinegar

Preheat the oven to 180°C/350F/Gas 4. Place the chillies on a roasting tray and roast them for 10 minutes.
Cool and roughly chop the chillies. Place the chillies, garlic, salt, oregano, paprika and vinegar in a saucepan, and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Allow the mixture to cool, then blend it to a purée in a jug blender or food processor. Store in a lidded container at room temperature; it will keep for about a month. Shake before using.

Yum :)

I use the nandos marinade as I'm too lazy to make my own lol
They are between 0.5-1syn per level tablespoon. I usually use 3 tablespoons to really coat the meat.
I find it's worth a couple of syns for a tasty meal.
Xx

Back