fallen off the wagon...

Miss MDG

Iv been in lipotrim 9 weeks and lost 3 stone 1lb. This past week iv been nibbling alot and I think iv broken ketosis as I cant go past a day of just drinking the shakes.
Has anyone else been like this? If so how have you got back on it?

Hi. Perhaps you're exhausted, mentally, through the length of time you've been on the diet. You can go one of two ways: 1. change what you have on this diet, i.e. if you have strawberry and vanilla shakes, try chocolate (I hate chocolate and love vanilla, but I've been so bored I tried the chocolate and they're really nice), or try adding a bit of coffee to the vanilla or chocolate shakes (seems to be a pretty popular thing to do on this site); 2. if you're out of ketosis and can't go without eating, eat just protein for a week and then re-start on the Lipotrim - just stay away from carbs and fat. Get chicken breast and/or turkey breast fillets and grill them but eat nothin else - don't flavour them.

I don't know if this is the best way to go, or not, but it seems better than paying £60 per week but you're paying extra for the other bits of food you're nibbling on and the fact you're getting not much out of it. I was really ill and the week before only lost 2lbs because I wasn't getting enough water. I was weighed last Monday and it seemed like I'd only lost another 0.5lb which made me feel down and I was on the verge of eating something (I had the rabbit's biscuit in my mouth at one point...but took it out), but waited until Thursday, weigh-in day, and spoke to the person at the chemist. She told me to eat a chicken breast with a boiled egg (I nearly asked about the fat in the egg, but didn't), for that day only and go back onto the shakes (I'd lost more than I thought, so didn't eat anything).

You've done really, really well - even the 3lbs you lost in Week 6 isn't something to be down about - so you should think about not throwing it all away now.

Im glad im not the only one who this has happend too then.
I drink the choc and vanilla shakes as I really cant stand the the strawberry and chicken soup. I may try adding coffee in the vanilla though, iv heard good things about it.
Its mainly been protein that iv eaten but I have had a few carbs too :(.

I cant go to weigh in this week incase iv maintained or gained as my chemist will take me off it, he says he's been doing it 4 years but doesn't seem to have a clue what its like and has never suggested me to eat anything if iv been tired etc. Id go somewhere else but he's the cheapest lol.

I need to find some inspiration again, maybe looking at the progress pics will help

No, you're not the only one - I think it will happen to everyone at some point...on any diet. You should be fine with the protein, but the carbs maybe not so. It al depends on what you had and how much.

Did you start with your swimming? You see scales aren't really accurate if they don't weigh body fat and your pharmacist can't have a go at you if you tell him you've been going to the gym (but don't tell him you've eaten). He really should be encouraging you and not beating you down like he is. I doubt he's been on it for four years, though they should all give it a try so they know what they're talking about.

You want some inspiration? Well, it depends how squeamish you are! If you've taken photos of yourself and kept your old, baggy clothes, then they're great incentives to keep your mind focused on how far you've come, why you're doing this and how far you need to go. If you want to push it a little further, then go to YouTube and search for 'What does 1lb of fat look like?'. Believe me...it's not a pretty sight and should temper your cravings a little bit.

Back